Another grocery store option

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2019, 05:56 PM
Sage
Default Another grocery store option

I just read in the "other news source" (online) that EarthFare is going into that parcel near Texas Roadhouse. THAT will be a welcomed option to our area as an option
Old 05-15-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I just read in the "other news source" (online) that EarthFare is going into that parcel near Texas Roadhouse. THAT will be a welcomed option to our area as an option
I'm not familiar with EarthFare but just looked at their specials/ads from the Ocala store. Many of their items are not inexpensive but I guess when you compare there will always be places that are more or less expensive depending upon the item

I think, overall, however, Aldi's prices on produce are less expensive.
Old 05-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Gold member

More stores and restaurants for the north end ! Miller's Ale House is going to open in that same general area.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Cowgirl View Post
I'm not familiar with EarthFare but just looked at their specials/ads from the Ocala store. Many of their items are not inexpensive but I guess when you compare there will always be places that are more or less expensive depending upon the item

I think, overall, however, Aldi's prices on produce are less expensive.
I'm not familiar neither BUT most so-called health-food stores tend to be a bit pricier. EarthFare, in case you didn't know puts ads in the Wed. Daily Sun. I wouldn't make a special trip to Ocala just to shop there. I agree, I like Aldi for it's choices and prices but if there are special things it's nice to have options.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:47 PM

I love Earth Fare! Lots of organic foods and veggies.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:49 PM
Platinum member

My hopes for a Piggly Wiggly have been dashed.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
My hopes for a Piggly Wiggly have been dashed.
Or Wegman’s
Old 05-21-2019, 08:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Or Wegman’s
My wife would trade me for a Wegman's in a heartbeat.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:47 PM
Default Millers Ale House

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
More stores and restaurants for the north end ! Miller's Ale House is going to open in that same general area.
We always stop at Miller's Ale House when we go to my knee doctor. Very glad they are coming here.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
We always stop at Miller's Ale House when we go to my knee doctor. Very glad they are coming here.
A couple of Ale's will cure knee pain for sure.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

I saw that construction is continuing on Earth Fare. Since I'm still new, and don't ever really have any reason or need to leave the historical section from the southern entries by golf cart, I don't know the answer to this:

Are golf carts allowed to cross Griffin Avenue from Shay into that shopping plaza across the street, or drive ON Griffin from Jeffrey Drive to Rolling Acres Road? It'd be awesome if golf carts could get to Earth Fare, especially if their drivers live in the Silver Lake area.
Old 07-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I saw that construction is continuing on Earth Fare. Since I'm still new, and don't ever really have any reason or need to leave the historical section from the southern entries by golf cart, I don't know the answer to this:

Are golf carts allowed to cross Griffin Avenue from Shay into that shopping plaza across the street, or drive ON Griffin from Jeffrey Drive to Rolling Acres Road? It'd be awesome if golf carts could get to Earth Fare, especially if their drivers live in the Silver Lake area.
In case you haven't seen it, there is a sign as you exit the Shay Gate...... "No Carts Beyond This Point" If you pull it up on Google Maps you can see it. I believe there is one at the Jeffery Gate exit too.
Old 07-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
In case you haven't seen it, there is a sign as you exit the Shay Gate...... "No Carts Beyond This Point" If you pull it up on Google Maps you can see it. I believe there is one at the Jeffery Gate exit too.
I haven't had reason/need to exit the Shay Gate or Jeffrey (I didn't know there was a gate there til you mentioned it just now), I don't live near it. I have entered the area from Griffin through Shay into the Villages, just never had need/reason to exit that way. I live closer to the Boone Gate.

Thank you for the information though, it's appreciated.
Old 07-20-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I haven't had reason/need to exit the Shay Gate or Jeffrey (I didn't know there was a gate there til you mentioned it just now), I don't live near it. I have entered the area from Griffin through Shay into the Villages, just never had need/reason to exit that way. I live closer to the Boone Gate.

Thank you for the information though, it's appreciated.
You also have the Medical Gate and the Wales Gate over there. I'm in District 2 but have used them all dozens of times. Depending on where you are going you can make it easier on yourself using different gates. I think you know where the Paradise Gate is.
Closed Thread

Tags
option, roadhouse, texas, parcel, welcomed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.