Another Near Miss - people in a hurry

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2018, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I agree. Have you seen a car on a MMP yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
I'll amend my statement that I've seen it all . Haven't seen that one yet and hope never to.
I'm surprised you haven't seen it yet; it happens quite regularly.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:09 PM
Sage

Today while waiting to take a left onto Pinellas from my street, I saw a car approach me with its blinker on, seemingly going to turn onto my road. As I always do, I waited to make sure they were turning and not Just down pinellas with their blinker on. As I saw the car approach my road and slow down with its blinker on, I started to pull out onto Pinellas. As I did, the car (Merry Maids) decided at the last minute not to turn into my road and sped up continuing down Pinellas, as she was looking at her navigation tool....probably cell phone. My husband yelled STOP! I hit the brakes and she just kept driving. If He hadn’t yelled....we would have been hit...😩😩
Old 06-11-2018, 07:39 PM

I just ordered a dual dash cam...one for the back and one for the front. My cart only goes 20 mph and I don't care if they pass me on the road but then they cut in and cut me off and then off they go as my heart is in my throat...my golf cart insurance told me that if my golf cart speed has been tampered with and I get into an accident they will not honor my insurance contract so because I have had so many close calls and being passed so often I want to cover myself and not possibly lose my house to a reckless driver...smile when you pass me next week because you will be on dash cam...
Old 06-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Driving here is a piece of cake. And that might be the problem. You can get bored and loose your defensive edge.
Good point.
Old 06-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
That must be where they get that "Lance Armstrong" attitude, and those lime green spandex outfits.
Try driving up the Cascades in Oregon where the roads are two-lane, and there is a group of cyclists ahead of you. They won't let you pass them safely because they own the road.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
Two weeks ago I slowly navigated the mm path’s blind bend toward the Moyer Loop/Morse tunnel. I say “slowly” because I was traveling behind a cyclist riding a low recumbent bike. As the path straightened at the tunnel approach, a man riding in a golf cart behind me, suddenly shot out and around me. He failed to see not only the recumbent bike in front, but a golf cart coming UP the tunnel, almost parallel with the bike. I screamed, hit the brakes and slid down the tunnel. The cart coming UP the tunnel swerved wildly and took a right turn into the grass and shrubs. The cyclist was miraculously unharmed as the idiot in the cart wove wildly around we three and shot off. His cart was “souped up” and he disappeared down Hillsboro. I can only hope he learned a valuable lesson in reckless overtaking. The white haired lady (me)driving so slowly ahead of him (we are only talking yards here) toward the tunnel, had two reasons for that slow speed. One, the blind bend in the mm path, Two, the low slung recumbent bike ahead of my cart. Following that very frightening near catastrophe, I pulled over on the verge to collect myself. Thankfully the high volume of traffic has decreased a little. I can but hope
I see so many people blowing horns on cars and golf carts trying to make more out of nothing than it needs to be, so it's hard to get excited about these type of posts. I especially feel that way when I see the word "CATASTROPHE", in the description instead of "causing some sort of accident" which is probably more realistic.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
Two weeks ago I slowly navigated the mm path’s blind bend toward the Moyer Loop/Morse tunnel. I say “slowly” because I was traveling behind a cyclist riding a low recumbent bike. As the path straightened at the tunnel approach, a man riding in a golf cart behind me, suddenly shot out and around me. He failed to see not only the recumbent bike in front, but a golf cart coming UP the tunnel, almost parallel with the bike. I screamed, hit the brakes and slid down the tunnel. The cart coming UP the tunnel swerved wildly and took a right turn into the grass and shrubs. The cyclist was miraculously unharmed as the idiot in the cart wove wildly around we three and shot off. His cart was “souped up” and he disappeared down Hillsboro. I can only hope he learned a valuable lesson in reckless overtaking. The white haired lady (me)driving so slowly ahead of him (we are only talking yards here) toward the tunnel, had two reasons for that slow speed. One, the blind bend in the mm path, Two, the low slung recumbent bike ahead of my cart. Following that very frightening near catastrophe, I pulled over on the verge to collect myself. Thankfully the high volume of traffic has decreased a little. I can but hope
It's quite doubtful he could care less his actions could of caused property damage or personal injury. Remember too he's not the only one operating golf carts in this manner. All you can do is drive defensively.
Closed Thread

Tags
tunnel, cart, bike, path, ahead

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.