Another neat Villages opportunity

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Default Another neat Villages opportunity

The Fillages Lifelong Learning Colleg, The Villages Charter School and The Distrect Recreation Departments are presenting a HUGE Literary Festival, Saturday, October 20th, 9:00am to 2:30 pm at Lake Miona Recreation Center.
This event promotes the love of reading and writing for all ages. There will be a Keynote Speaker at 9:00 am. Annie Crawley will inspire you to initiate your own one-of-a-kind creation to share with your family and friends or a best seller for publication.

Workshops and Presentations will start at 10:00 am. Exhibits and Book Signings will available from 10:00 am to 2:30 pm. Next week I will try to post some of these workshops and presentations.

There will be a child's bookmark Contest-crafts-Treasure Hunt thoughout the 4 1/2 hours.

Adults and Children are WELCOME

There is NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED! FREE FREE FREE

Please come and join the joy of reading and writing.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Default Re: Another neat Villages opportunity

I have heard about the Festival, and it sounds like quite an opportunity. Is there a place or website one can go to to find out more details about the workshops? I am debating inviting my 3rd grade grandaughter who loves to read and write, to come to TV and join me for the day. However, I want to be sure it will be appropriate for her before I do as she lives 3 hours away.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Default Re: Another neat Villages opportunity

I will check on the workshops, as I mentioned, and place the the titles here. People that are involved have planned it to be intergenerational. Stay tuned next week for more.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.