Another New Golf Course Shown in New Plans

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts
Default Another New Golf Course Shown in New Plans

Plans being submitted to the Wildwood Project Review Committee for approval show an new golf course planned for the north side of the Turnpike adjacent to the soon to be constructed bridge over the Turnpike. Located in Phase 4-B, the course appears to be another Executive course, but nothing official has been released and of course these plans could change at any time.

Also shown is what appears to be the preservation of an observation boardwalk overlooking Lake Okahumpka behind what one could assume to be a new recreation center.

Lots of wetlands preserve (dark green areas) are shown on the drawing also.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	127 2019-02-14 20.01.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	78547   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	128 2019-02-14 20.11.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	78548  
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-14-2019, 08:30 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

I'm ready for a couple more CClubs.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:04 PM
Location: Caroline, Norwalk OH, Federal Way, WA. Stamford, CT. Tuscarora, PA

I don't see where the urgent care facility is in this image. I also thought that 20 acres were reserved for other Central Florida Health facilities. And with that, I was wondering whether they would set aside some land for a residential area for doctors and other professionals (to attract the best here).

There appears to be an opportunity to put some type of boat launch behind the lake amenity. And the golf feature looks small.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
I don't see where the urgent care facility is in this image. I also thought that 20 acres were reserved for other Central Florida Health facilities. And with that, I was wondering whether they would set aside some land for a residential area for doctors and other professionals (to attract the best here).

There appears to be an opportunity to put some type of boat launch behind the lake amenity. And the golf feature looks small.
In the upper left corner of the first picture you see SR44 and 2 commercial areas, the one on the left side of the new road is where the ED is going. Creating a residential enclave for a select group isn’t consistent with what has been done in the past and doesn’t make sense for a facility type that historically has staffing turnover rate.

Yes, it looks like only an executive 9 hole course, at best.

Boat dock, probably not, too many issues that would go along with a boat dock to make it worth while.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-15-2019, 10:25 AM
Gold member

I'm surprised they have not built one already. Lots of homes without a true 18/27 hole CC. What gives?
Old 02-15-2019, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

There might be a different emphasis on lifestyle components. Dearth of tennis courts and less number of golf courses could reflect on what's going on in the rest of the country.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2019, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
There might be a different emphasis on lifestyle components. Dearth of tennis courts and less number of golf courses could reflect on what's going on in the rest of the country.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I was thinking the same thing. People coming along after us haven't had time for golf.
Old 02-16-2019, 12:52 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for the map. Nice find. It is a little fuzzy, but really helpful. I get the light green is residential, but what are the Dark green areas - are those preserves? Like Marshy area or trees or what? Really like the plan. We have been considering selling one of our rentals and building in that area when it opens up - would love an Evans Prairie Marsh type of view, but not sure anything like that will be available - so at least water and preserve would do. Not sure there will be actual lake views of Lake Okahumka, but that would be nice.

BTW- I am having drone withdrawal syndrome - need a flyover of Southern Oaks
Ed
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 02-16-2019, 07:10 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
I'm surprised they have not built one already. Lots of homes without a true 18/27 hole CC. What gives?
Maybe The Villages management thinks we do not need more 18/27 hole golf courses because the existing courses are not fully utilized.

That is why the 18/27 championship courses are open to outside play whereas the Executive courses are fully utilized and are only open to TV residents or renters.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Thanks for the map. Nice find. It is a little fuzzy, but really helpful. I get the light green is residential, but what are the Dark green areas - are those preserves? Like Marshy area or trees or what? Really like the plan. We have been considering selling one of our rentals and building in that area when it opens up - would love an Evans Prairie Marsh type of view, but not sure anything like that will be available - so at least water and preserve would do. Not sure there will be actual lake views of Lake Okahumka, but that would be nice.

BTW- I am having drone withdrawal syndrome - need a flyover of Southern Oaks
Ed
Attached is the .pdf document form of the map that you can get much better detail. The dark green is wetlands preserve areas.

Sorry for the drought between videos. I've not had a lot of time to do editing due to family events and Drone Flyers Club work. We'll be exhibiting and flying next weekend at the Outdoor Expo at the La Hacienda Rec Center, come by, say hello, and see these incredible pieces of technology in action.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phase 4c and 4d master plan map.pdf (1.63 MB, 145 views)
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 02-16-2019, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Maybe The Villages management thinks we do not need more 18/27 hole golf courses because the existing courses are not fully utilized.

That is why the 18/27 championship courses are open to outside play whereas the Executive courses are fully utilized and are only open to TV residents or renters.
Championship courses have been open to outside play since day one...…………..
Executive courses have always be open to residents, resident guest and renters since day one...………….
Course utilization has nothing to do with it.

Tags
plans, shown, turnpike, appears, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.