Another word on Coyotes

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Platinum member
Angry Another word on Coyotes

The link below is to a youtube video which shows a coyote carrying a dead cat, and leaping to the top of a six foot wall. It should not be viewed by people who would be upset by seeing a dead cat.

I post it here only to show the agility of coyotes and to remind Villagers who have enclosed back yards that their pets are not secure when left unattended in fenced areas.

Coyote takes cat from garden - YouTube

Old 11-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Email Reported As Spam

appears from video that court yard villas may not protect pets?
Old 11-23-2017, 08:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Reply

Disturbing....he scaled that wall as though it was nothing. Our neighbors tie their little dog outside on a leash with no wall. I was going to knock on their door to warn them of coyotes but hubby said that they know andto mind my own business. I’ve heard the screams of a pet caught before and it concerns me. I don’t want to hear that ever again. Please keep reminding people not to take a chance....I will.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
Disturbing....he scaled that wall as though it was nothing. Our neighbors tie their little dog outside on a leash with no wall. I was going to knock on their door to warn them of coyotes but hubby said that they know andto mind my own business. I’ve heard the screams of a pet caught before and it concerns me. I don’t want to hear that ever again. Please keep reminding people not to take a chance....I will.
I am reminded of Jon Snow often. One of the Villages' dogs that got taken by a coyote. There is a Memorial Bench for him at one of the Villages' area dog parks.

We just need to be careful around pets and watch out for wildlife of various kinds.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,252 Times in 424 Posts

it amazed me to see that coyote scale that tall fence carrying that poor cat.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:34 AM
Sage

My nephew in Costa Mesa, CA tried to adopt a kitten at the SPCA and they made him sign a pledge that it would only be an indoor cat because his 8' high block wall around his yard wouldn't stop coyotes that can jump 10' walls and fences.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

Tags
dead, cat, coyotes, remind, fenced

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.