Any good ideas for a 1st Birthday party??

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2015, 08:20 PM
Gold member
Default Any good ideas for a 1st Birthday party??

****Party Time****
Our youngest grandson will turn one while visiting us. Our daughter wanted to have his birthday party at a park/playground.

We will have 10 kids total from the one yr to the 18 yr of age.
(lots of cousins!)

I only know of the one kid's park near Lake Sumter. I don't even know if there are picnic tables etc there.

Does anyone have any suggestions?? We are South of 466A.

Thanks all!!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:36 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Lady lake has a very nice playground near the library. Lake Weir has pavilions you can rent for the day. It has a small playground and folks can go swimming. I'd forget trying for anything in TV itself.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
****Party Time****
Our youngest grandson will turn one while visiting us. Our daughter wanted to have his birthday party at a park/playground.

(lots of cousins!)

I only know of the one kid's park near Lake Sumter. I don't even know if there are picnic tables etc there.

Thanks all!!
What about a bowling party? Everyone would enjoy that. You could have pizza and then cake and ice cream at home later on.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Sage

Think a one year old would be pretty scared in a bowling alley -- way too much noise for such a little one. Let's face it, very few one year olds like their party until they taste the cake. Just too many sensory things going on.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
****Party Time****

(lots of cousins!)

Thanks all!!
Ok, maybe the bowling alley isn't a perfect idea. How about this. If you go to the park do bubbles, huge bubbles for the kids to chase. I saw this video this morning and checked on Amazon to see if they have similar items and they do. Check the reviews to see how good they are. This should be great fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-zYdOPG2k
Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Ok, maybe the bowling alley isn't a perfect idea. How about this. If you go to the park do bubbles, huge bubbles for the kids to chase. I saw this video this morning and checked on Amazon to see if they have similar items and they do. Check the reviews to see how good they are. This should be great fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i-zYdOPG2k
Great idea! Even works for backyard bbqs and when the bra..., err kids are bored.

Old 03-25-2015, 05:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I'm not a mother or grandmother so I don't have any knowledge, but that rarely stops most of us. (That is supposed to be funny). First thing that came to my mind is scooples at Brownwood.
Old 03-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I'm not a mother or grandmother so I don't have any knowledge, but that rarely stops most of us. (That is supposed to be funny). First thing that came to my mind is scooples at Brownwood.

Actually, that's a very good idea. It covers a whole range of ages. Good for you!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Actually, that's a very good idea. It covers a whole range of ages. Good for you!
Thanks
Old 03-26-2015, 11:58 PM
Gold member

Thanks for the good input. Lots of great suggestions offered.

I haven't checked everything out yet, but did find a great park, gated with picnic tables and soccer fields right there. It is on Powell road. It looks great.

The bowling and as "scooples" are on our short list of fun things to do while here. I'm sure they won't get bored!
Thanks again!!
Old 03-27-2015, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Try having a Easter egg hunt but call it a birthday hunt with small gifts hidden but easily found by young children.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

ANYPLACE is fun with Grandma. Balloons, cookies, presents for ALL children, Duck,Duck Goose. Make up, dress up, A big ball for each child. Dancing to music. MORE cookies, cake and ice cream, (Ignore foodie parents) Five dollars each and a trip to the dollar store. Paint nails. Read stories. A new book for each. Singalong.

ENJOY.
Old 03-27-2015, 08:48 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Try having a Easter egg hunt but call it a birthday hunt with small gifts hidden but easily found by young children.
Great idea - When my son was little we used those plastic eggs and put stickers or jelly beans in them for parties the one who found the most stickers could trade them in for a Toys R Us gift card by giving their stickers to the one who found the least. If the age range is that wide maybe teams the oldest with the youngest. They also like the rub-on temporary tattoo things. Look like stickers but can rub on the skin and will wash off later.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Buy them a puppy.................nothing else will matter.

Old 03-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Gold member
Default So many good ideas!!

Lots of fun grandparents here in TV!!

I think the whole week will be one big party! We signed the kids (right age of course) for the Easter Clowns, golf cart scavenger hunt and Easter Egg hunt. Also making their own chocolate bunnies at Peterbrooke Choc. There will be exec golf for the older kids,(their granddad has them well schooled), and pool days for the little ones.

At this point all I am asking for is sunny weather!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.