Any Ideas On what to do

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
Hopefully dancing in the streets, I would be.
He is with a couple of his good friends and that's why you haven't heard from him yet! Here's an artist rendering of their partying:
The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
He is with a couple of his good friends and that's why you haven't heard from him yet! Here's an artist rendering of their partying:
The Villages Florida
Old 01-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Sage

Glad to hear everything got taken care of to his satisfaction!

Bill
Old 01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
Glad to hear everything got taken care of to his satisfaction!

Bill
Did you sneak some home warming popcorn into their Igloo while he was at closing?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Did you sneak some home warming popcorn into their Igloo while he was at closing?
I was counting on you for that, skyguy! You're there - we're not!

Bill
Old 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Gold member
Default Drive

I just wanna drive his Oldsmobile! It's a Carguy thing!

Welcome buddie.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:03 PM

Hello everyone, this will be my final post on this matter as I closed on Friday. As I said before, I would like to thank all my new friends I have met in the process of trying to get this issue resolved. I cant tell you how much I appreciated all of you efforts in my behalf. love you all. So... I arrived at my house early on Friday morning and met my sales rep. The door to the lanai and the concrete pad was moved to the other side of the lanai so as that I would not walk into it upon exit. They even moved the sprinkler heads due to the slab relocation. I was happy that was done. My sales rep also agreed to pay for landscaping aroung the transformer. All is good in Penguins world.
Here's the flip side, BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!! The issue with utility placement is totally up to the utility gods. The plats or the drawings you get or the sales reps get are in my opinion useless. THEY MEAN NOTHING. Its up to you the buyer to make sure what you agreed on is what you will get. Its a big pain and believe me I know first hand. My sales rep, bless her heart, really went to bat for me but short of losing her job she was told nothing could be done about the obvious mistake. Your best defense is a good offense. In other words be very dilligent in the very beginning of your home purchase and make absolutely sure everything is the way it was presented to you.
Again THANK YOU ALL and I hope at the vary least our potential friends and neighbors have some good information on making their new home in the Villages a pleasant experience.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
Hello everyone, this will be my final post on this matter as I closed on Friday. As I said before, I would like to thank all my new friends I have met in the process of trying to get this issue resolved. I cant tell you how much I appreciated all of you efforts in my behalf. love you all. So... I arrived at my house early on Friday morning and met my sales rep. The door to the lanai and the concrete pad was moved to the other side of the lanai so as that I would not walk into it upon exit. They even moved the sprinkler heads due to the slab relocation. I was happy that was done. My sales rep also agreed to pay for landscaping aroung the transformer. All is good in Penguins world.
Here's the flip side, BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!!! The issue with utility placement is totally up to the utility gods. The plats or the drawings you get or the sales reps get are in my opinion useless. THEY MEAN NOTHING. Its up to you the buyer to make sure what you agreed on is what you will get. Its a big pain and believe me I know first hand. My sales rep, bless her heart, really went to bat for me but short of losing her job she was told nothing could be done about the obvious mistake. Your best defense is a good offense. In other words be very dilligent in the very beginning of your home purchase and make absolutely sure everything is the way it was presented to you.
Again THANK YOU ALL and I hope at the vary least our potential friends and neighbors have some good information on making their new home in the Villages a pleasant experience.

A lesson learned for all of us. Glad you were able to close and happy to hear your rep was working for you. Sad to say, from the response I received from mine...l I don't think she would have for me. So... count your lucky stars you had someone who went a step beyond for you. It's all you can ask.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Sage

So glad you posted the results, Penguin, and that you were mollified....thanks for sharing. We were all worried for you. What are the lessons learned from this experience? Can and should the buyer insist that the contract to build is contingent on approving the location of the utilities? It would be interesting to know how the sales department would react in that case.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Sage
Default Happy ever after.....

Penguin, I just knew things would get worked out in your favor. Since the utilities probably couldn't have been moved, I think they did the best they could in correcting the problem. Having the green monster outside the opposite end of your lanai should certainly be tolerable. Now for the plantings......Enjoy your castle!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:47 PM
Default Cover with a fake rock

Not sure where to get them or sizes available, but I saw a house which had a fake rock covering some kind of utilities box.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by festusrules View Post
Not sure where to get them or sizes available, but I saw a house which had a fake rock covering some kind of utilities box.
Festus. His box is the same size as ours, about four foot square and pretty tall. On this flat land a fake rock of that size would be kinda big and sort of like a huge pimple. Every other house has one JUST EXACTLY LIKE HIS. He has lots of company.

You can go to Lowes and buy Bottlebrush plants, they are a shrub that grows very fast and has blossoms on it. They are $9.99. Four or five of those and you are good. The dirt here is sand, the holes are easy to dig, drop those in, wait about ONE year and that big green box lives behind a forest, and you are looking at greenery and flowers. That is what I did last week and I dug half the holes myself until Sweetie saw what I was doin' and the dear soul finished the job.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and add vodka.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and add vodka.

That's the way to go !
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.