Any Japanese in the Villages?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 AM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,241
Thanks: 116
Thanked 569 Times in 209 Posts
Default Any Japanese in the Villages?

We have friends that we met on cruise that will be visiting and speak broken english and would love for them to meet someone that speaks their language...Will only be here for one day, May 5th....Plese pm me...thanks
  #2  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 AM
chuckinca's Avatar
chuckinca chuckinca is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,907
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Take them to some of the Japanese restaurants in and around TV.


.
__________________
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
  #3  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:10 AM
memason's Avatar
memason memason is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Villages
Posts: 2,169
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
We have friends that we met on cruise that will be visiting and speak broken english and would love for them to meet someone that speaks their language...Will only be here for one day, May 5th....Plese pm me...thanks
We lived in Japan for 4 years, but that doesn't mean our Japanese is very good. Tough language to learn...

At any rate, if you don't get anyone else, we would be happy to take them around for a day. Between our bad Japanese and their broken English, we will make do.

PM me, if you don't get anyone else [native speakers], with any details.

ja matte..... Mike
  #4  
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 AM
BogeyBoy's Avatar
BogeyBoy BogeyBoy is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hemingway
Posts: 1,056
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Take them to some of the Japanese restaurants in and around TV.


.
We were in a Japanese restaurant right after the earthquake. Someone at our table asked the waitress how everyone was doing, contacting family, etc. Her reply: "We are all Chinese."
__________________
New York, California, Pennsylvania, Florida
  #5  
Old 04-11-2011, 10:17 AM
jebartle's Avatar
jebartle jebartle is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: LaZamora Village
Posts: 4,241
Thanks: 116
Thanked 569 Times in 209 Posts
Default Thanks Memason

If I don't hear from anyone else, I'll take you up on your very generious offer....Wouldn't expect you to give up your day, but maybe we could meet you in the SS square....Thanks




Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
We lived in Japan for 4 years, but that doesn't mean our Japanese is very good. Tough language to learn...

At any rate, if you don't get anyone else, we would be happy to take them around for a day. Between our bad Japanese and their broken English, we will make do.

PM me, if you don't get anyone else [native speakers], with any details.

ja matte..... Mike
  #6  
Old 04-11-2011, 03:10 PM
sgvegas sgvegas is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default japanese restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinca View Post
Take them to some of the Japanese restaurants in and around TV.


.
The 'Japanese' restaurants such as the one in Lake Sumter is owned and operated by Chinese.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.