Any legal recourse with apartment plans?

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,461 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
I was there. Got there at 5:15 for the 6 o'clock meeting and we got he LAST 3 tickets available to actually get in the room where the meeting took place. The exterior at 5:50 (when I was allowed in) was overflowing. Many folks could not find a place to sit or stand and hear the speakers set up in the lobby and left in frustration. Bear in mind this was at Everglades Recreation Center. South of the turnpike. well away from the areas actually being discussed, and not golf cart accessible to any but those living south of the turnpike. But don't take my word for it. Read the paper - the REAL paper - not the Village Sun.

Yes, those in attendance either have no respect for the current Morse generation or downright dislike them. And why not? They are ripping apart an area established about 25 years ago KNOWING the residents are vehemently opposed. There are MANY other places TV could build apartments that are NOT in long developed areas.

You pretend to be a very nice lady that only wants the best for everyone. I want to believe that. However, when your posts say ONLY 4 (your number - Sumter county says 68) folks will have their 25 year homes torn asunder I have to wonder. One is too many. It is a move made by the current Morse generation that is not necessary.

Perhaps you need to take a short break and do some introspection.
To be fair (I know, I hate reading that at the start of a response too but if it's fitting, it's fitting):

Saying that 25-year homes will be "torn asunder" is around 31 flavors of hyperbole. Take a step back, take a deep breath.

Yes the backs of these homes will have a different view, and it will be a view they don't want, don't like, and object to. Yes, a 4-floor 200+-unit apartment complex will be a severe change from what was there, and yes, it will change the entire perspective and "feel" of the area it's in.

But no, no one's home is being "torn asunder." That is your emotions speaking, and it's emotions that get in the way of pragmatic discussion.

Things don't have to stay the same. Life progresses, people should at least try to keep up. But drastic changes such as this apartment complex are upsetting too many neighbors who will have to live with those changes. That is what people should be objecting to, and it's the zoning of the property that needs to be addressed and discussed.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:36 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

This was ignored by she who shall not be named when I posted it the first time.

Here is a hypothetical. The developer can take a hole on the Arnold Palmer Course and place multi-story apartments on the site. They could actually do this since they own that property. The Sumter County Planning and Zoning board just stated Monday night that all the areas "around Sumter Landing" are NOT restricted to to single family homes.

So lets place the hypothetical building as shown. It has wetlands to the south, a horse farm to the north, a golf course to the east, and it ONLY adjoins 4 homes. Do you think the residents of Bridgeport at Laurel Valley would be opposed. Do you think the most fervent fan of the current Morse generation would be opposed?

I think that the holier than thou "it will be fine and the sky is not falling" folks that live in Bridgeport at Laurel Valley would have a conniption fit. I will never know because it is too close to the Morse compound.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	bridgeport at .jpg
Views:	113
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	86373  

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-23-2020, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
This was ignored by she who shall not be named when I posted it the first time.

Here is a hypothetical. The developer can take a hole on the Arnold Palmer Course and place multi-story apartments on the site. They could actually do this since they own that property. The Sumter County Planning and Zoning board just stated Monday night that all the areas "around Sumter Landing" are NOT restricted to to single family homes.

So lets place the hypothetical building as shown. It has wetlands to the south, a horse farm to the north, a golf course to the east, and it ONLY adjoins 4 homes. Do you think the residents of Bridgeport at Laurel Valley would be opposed. Do you think the most fervent fan of the current Morse generation would be opposed?

I think that the holier than thou "it will be fine and the sky is not falling" folks that live in Bridgeport at Laurel Valley would have a conniption fit. I will never know because it is too close to the Morse compound.
Hypothetical....otherwise known as stir the pot for fun.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-23-2020, 01:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,244 Times in 360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I haven't read anything about four story apartments being built on the Hacienda Hills torn down area. The Lofts at Brownwood are three storey. See here?

youtube. the lofts at Brownwood, goldwingnut - Bing video
The developers attorney confirmed up to a 50 foot - four story building.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 09-23-2020, 01:18 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I haven't read anything about four story apartments being built on the Hacienda Hills torn down area.

It's only about 25 feet taller than the prior structure. No Big Deal.

I have to laugh at the concern about the lanai peepers. With all the kissing lanai's in The Villages and people are worried about maybe 70 more pairs of eyes.

Tags
homes, money, paid, made, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.