Any regrets

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2017, 11:46 AM

Research, research, research. If you didn't before you purchased, shame on you. The fact that we're among people within our own age group says a lot. I love the place and the way it's maintained. Not to mention all the activities that are available. You just have to get up off yer butt and try living! Too many people are complaining from their armchairs. Just saying.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Dancing Thyme

My only regret, but there is nothing I can do about it, is the summer humidity. I'm here 9 years and I still can't go outside in the summertime, except for errands and appointments. Really miss the cool Los Angeles nights, even if the days are warm, but here there is no relief.

Not moving, however. I'll deal with it.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 09-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I have regrets. That is the reason I sold last week. A year after I bought my home I went to the Rohan dedication and heard the Village rep say " this is the last rec center we will ever build. Then the next year, Fenny popped up. Then information about the land purchase near Wildwood. Then in 2017 the deal with Leesburg for another 8000 homes. Then I saw where Morse family was selling homes in Fenny for as little as $161,000. With another 22,000 homes coming on in the next 2 years I figured unless you owned for 5 yrs or more you would always compete with the builder forever. Put the home up August 1, sold it, and now rent for 4 months a year for a lot less than owning. Owning here is not inexpensive, no matter what the powers at be tell you. Some of us aren't as rich as many folks here. I guess if you sell a home in the East for big money, prices here are reasonable, but not for a middle class guy from Ohio. No, I enjoy visiting here, but wish I had not purchased. I'd be about 10 grand ahead if I had only rented.
I purchased our first home In Village of Charlotte 2012. Everyone was saying the same about stopping. I spent 40 years in sales. That is the normal pitch when you have great demand. As long as the Morse family can get land, water and roads and sell the homes as quickly as they do they will build.....
Old 09-30-2017, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

Only regret is we don't have a Costco but there are several only 50 minutes away. I do have a concern that with the continued building it will be more difficult to play a Championship course. I just hope TV management keeps up building enough golf courses to keep up with Winter demand.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:21 PM

My only regret is that this place isn't located in California. Or... Hawaii!
Old 09-30-2017, 09:43 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Matzy

Of course, it is hot in summertime in TV, but it is even hotter in St. Louis! So we are "Heat-birds" and going out, mostly traveling north (Canada) or Europe in summertime.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
I just hope TV management keeps up building enough golf courses to keep up with Winter demand.
I hope so too. I think management in TV has done a good job of providing adequate golf courses.
Fingers crossed that will continue.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-01-2017 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForChange View Post
...I just hope TV management keeps up building enough golf courses to keep up with Winter demand.
You mean the executive golf courses, right? The Championship Courses Winter Rates go effect today. To play 18 holes will cost you $45 at any course south of 466 except Palmer, that course is $51. You can always become a Priority Member for the annual fee of $740 for a single and $925 for a couple. That would knock your green fees down to $33 except at Palmer $39.

In high season, come January 1st until the end of April green fees on those same courses will be $55 and Palmer $60. From January to April 30th you can play Palmer and any of those courses just about anytime you want, in fact Oct, Nov and Dec you can get just about anytime you want. That's one of the reasons the executives are so crowded. What my neighbor and I do, is to play 9 holes for about $22 to $27 depending on the month. We're done in 2 hours but it's the way it is.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/image...Golf-Rates.pdf

Golf The Villages
Old 10-02-2017, 06:28 AM
Veteran member

So many days in the summer in the 90"s but afternoon clouds and occasional rains make outdooor more pleasant
Old 10-02-2017, 07:30 AM

No regrets. Came here 16 years ago at 46. Still love it even after losing my husband to cancer. You get used to the heat after about 4-5 summers. I honestly enjoy the summers now. This is a great place to live. Don't listen to the grumpy people. Life here is good. Enjoy it as long as you can.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Regrets???? Are you kidding??? This is the best move I've ever made in my life.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I have regrets. That is the reason I sold last week. A year after I bought my home I went to the Rohan dedication and heard the Village rep say " this is the last rec center we will ever build. Then the next year, Fenny popped up. Then information about the land purchase near Wildwood. Then in 2017 the deal with Leesburg for another 8000 homes. Then I saw where Morse family was selling homes in Fenny for as little as $161,000. With another 22,000 homes coming on in the next 2 years I figured unless you owned for 5 yrs or more you would always compete with the builder forever. Put the home up August 1, sold it, and now rent for 4 months a year for a lot less than owning. Owning here is not inexpensive, no matter what the powers at be tell you. Some of us aren't as rich as many folks here. I guess if you sell a home in the East for big money, prices here are reasonable, but not for a middle class guy from Ohio. No, I enjoy visiting here, but wish I had not purchased. I'd be about 10 grand ahead if I had only rented.
We too are from Ohio & I agree with you exactly. My thoughts are a lot of people haven't lived here long enough to see the real Florida life or like you said Fred they're richer than some of us. We also are looking for another home in Ohio. Yea, I agree I hate the cold in the north but like a lot of people I have my reasons not to stay here. When we moved here one of the first things the sales office told us was, "If you want to sell your home here in a couple of yrs. it'll sell in a heartbeat", not true. With 20 or 30,000 homes up for sale here all the time your home isn't all that easy to sell. Other than that & not getting into a bunch more neg. comments TV isn't a bad place to live, but then again the ones that love it here, we don't know their life style where they came from maybe they lived in a rough neighborhood. I'm going to enjoy it here as long as I can. I look at TV as an extended vacation.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:16 AM

We are from the Northeast. I expected the Summer to be worse. I guess I just needed some extra vitamin D. Maybe next year I will feel different, but for now we love it. We absolutely have no regrets. We have been here for 6 months and I still feel like I am on vacation.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:19 AM
Send a message via ICQ to earlehancock

There are those who will never see reality because their rose colored glasses obscure the view. TV has gotten too big and too corporate, wish I had known what I know now before buying. And then there is the Villages Health Care System debacle.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:15 AM
Gold member

Heat?!...what heat???...I detect a lack of cold...
Closed Thread

Tags
regrets, pools, adults, join, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.