Any regrets

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
I have regrets. That is the reason I sold last week. A year after I bought my home I went to the Rohan dedication and heard the Village rep say " this is the last rec center we will ever build. Then the next year, Fenny popped up. Then information about the land purchase near Wildwood. Then in 2017 the deal with Leesburg for another 8000 homes. Then I saw where Morse family was selling homes in Fenny for as little as $161,000. With another 22,000 homes coming on in the next 2 years I figured unless you owned for 5 yrs or more you would always compete with the builder forever. Put the home up August 1, sold it, and now rent for 4 months a year for a lot less than owning. Owning here is not inexpensive, no matter what the powers at be tell you. Some of us aren't as rich as many folks here. I guess if you sell a home in the East for big money, prices here are reasonable, but not for a middle class guy from Ohio. No, I enjoy visiting here, but wish I had not purchased. I'd be about 10 grand ahead if I had only rented.
Were you a full time resident? It sounds like you were here a couple of months a year. I can see your situation if that was it.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:21 AM

About the only thing I miss is sitting on the front porch on a crisp fall morning with a cup of coffee.

---She was only a whisky maker, but I loved her still.
Old 09-29-2017, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

One reason I regret moving to the villages is the extreme heat in the summer.. I am now in upstate New York on vacation. The upstate area has had zero days of 90° temperatures since July 1 until present. In my opinion one of the prettiest places in the United States is the Catskill Mountain area of New York State. In the summer seldom gets above 90°,, nights are mostly in the 65 to 70° range.. The air is fresh and clean,, the amount of oxygen in the air due to all of the tree cover is extremely high and so easy to breathe. The humidity is very very low. There are so many things to do and places to go concerts, country fairs, fabulous restaurants,, playing golf in the Catskill Mountains is a pleasure beautiful courses great condition and the price is right. Don't get me wrong I still love the villages at certain times of the year. I do not spend January or February in the villages as it is pretty cold. I find myself renting in Costa Rica for those two months. The weather is fabulous the days along and if you look around there are things to do. If I had to do it all over I would definitely move further south in Florida with the weather in the winter is not as chilly. Yes I have pictures of snow on my roof in the villages. So have another glass of Kool-Aid and go out and play some golf with the conditions of the courses are pristine. No excuses, too much rain, too little rain, too much play.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:01 AM
Sage

I LOVE the heat. I wish it were above 90 all year long ! My only regret is that the Villages isn’t located another 500 miles south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 09:50 AM
Gold member

Will take a July in The Villages vs a January up north! No regrets! You actually get use to the heat. At least I did!

Last edited by Lottoguy; 09-29-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:54 AM
Gold member

Maybe their not moving out. Maybe they just died or have health issues? It happens....
Old 09-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

TV is not for everyone and glad that's it's not.

I have a friend who is looking for a home and complains about everything. They say the want to move here, but can not find the perfect house for them. We did take them to On Top of The World where they loved the homes, but not the lifestyle.

OP I'm NOT suggesting you are complaining.

My name says exactly how I feel about this place.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post

I have a friend who is looking for a home and complains about everything. They say the want to move here, but can not find the perfect house for them. We did take them to On Top of The World where they loved the homes, but not the lifestyle.

Can you just please tell me what OP means? My husband and I were at the Villages about 4 or 5 times for preview visits. We always liked it. I just retired and my husband has been retired for some time now. We are thinking of making that move to TV.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage

Make the move while you can--no guarantees in life at all--
Old 09-29-2017, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Can you just please tell me what OP means? My husband and I were at the Villages about 4 or 5 times for preview visits. We always liked it. I just retired and my husband has been retired for some time now. We are thinking of making that move to TV.
It means Original Poster.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post

And many of us are blessed to know you. It is people like YOU who make this place my favorite place ever to live.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:35 AM
Default OP = Original Post(er)

OP = Original Post(er)
Old 09-29-2017, 11:37 AM

OP=Original Poster
Old 09-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
And many of us are blessed to know you. It is people like YOU who make this place my favorite place ever to live.
😊
Old 09-29-2017, 07:38 PM

No regrets. Moved here in 2012 as a married couple. Now single. Same house different life. Was keithwand. Love it here.
Closed Thread

Tags
regrets, pools, adults, join, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.