Any regrets

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2017, 01:31 AM

The right place in California is heaven, spent most of my life there. 73-75 all year around. I also lived in Hawaii where the scenery is nice, but unless you have any amount of local blood life there is tough, and tremendously expensive. When we sold in CA and moved here we said that is it for a while. This was the first summer in 5 the temperature and humidity did not beat me up so bad. Happy! A place like this in HI or CA would be prohibitively expensive, plus property taxes are enough to scare you
Old 10-06-2017, 07:28 AM

We moved here from S. Fl and are quite happy. We have friends from our old neighborhood who moved to a golf community in Naples as they didn’t want to be so far from their kids. Very understandable. But they are bored there. Nothing to do but golf they say. They have one golf course, one pool & one country club. I am usually taking part in clubs/activities @ probably an average of 3 or 4 different rec centers in a week. I think there is no place that can compare to The Villages.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Default The Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Any regrets from anyone that they live in the Villages. I see some who come from the Northeast. How are you feeling the heat? I know how hot it gets there. When my husband and I were there a few times, we loved the idea of golf carts, the pools for adults (no children) unless you go to the family pool, the squares, and the many clubs and activities that one can join.
After six plus years... The bloom is off the rose
Old 10-08-2017, 11:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
After six plus years... The bloom is off the rose
After ten years of frenetic activity, joining clubs, mahjongg and exercise groups,
I now find it very relaxing to sit in our birdcage and just read a book!
I found that for the first years when we were newbies,
we felt guilty unless we availed ourselves of all programs and activities.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-08-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
After ten years of frenetic activity, joining clubs, mahjongg and exercise groups,
I now find it very relaxing to sit in our birdcage and just read a book!
I found that for the first years when we were newbies,
we felt guilty unless we availed ourselves of all programs and activities.
Totally agree Bare .... and now you mention reading which brings to mind the Village LIBRARY, and what a great library it is, they can and will get you anything and everything to make it possible to enjoy sitting and reading. Just another plus to living here.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Pinellas Library is great as well.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Sage

No regrets here either and we moved from southern CA....where the weather can be so boring....nice today, nice tomorrow, etc....lol. Believe me, I’m not a fan of the heat and humidity, but you learn to live around it. In colder climates, some don’t venture out....slippery roads, dangerous weather conditions. Here at least there is good climate control everywhere and just short trips from a cooled house, to a cooled car, aren’t unbearable. Some tolerate the heat and humidity better than others...I don’t golf during the hot months, my husband does. My friends and I do other things while waiting for temps and humidity to become more comfortable for us. There is so much to do or not, you decide....so many shops and stores, considerably more than when we arrived in 2006, it’s beautiful and so many areas are accessible by golf cart....ah, love being able to us a cart to get around.

Remember it will be different here, maybe not all will be the same as where you come from....some things are easily adjusted to, other things might take a little longer. Everyplace is different from other places....but some of the differences are really, really nice....

Last edited by pooh; 10-09-2017 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Veteran member

Native Floridians, and we have no regrets. We just don’t talk politics.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:40 PM

I don't care what houses they have in Fenney. I'm not leaving so I'm not competing. BTW, been here 21 years and counting.
Old 10-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMCAT View Post
Any regrets from anyone that they live in the Villages. I see some who come from the Northeast. How are you feeling the heat? I know how hot it gets there. When my husband and I were there a few times, we loved the idea of golf carts, the pools for adults (no children) unless you go to the family pool, the squares, and the many clubs and activities that one can join.
Unlikely you will get many regrets. If you can rent for a year.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:12 AM

Thank you.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 AM

The Villages isn't for everyone! Like dewison says, there are all knds here, like him, but many with regrets and have left. Like me -I'll be gone as soon a I sell my house. I hate the summers here - hot, humid - I don't like the cold either but never shovelled - paid someone to dhjo it. Its a toss up, Ill take the cold, and get months of gorgeous weather, scenery, frienfds and family the redt og the yesr. 2000 activities but how many will you use? My advice, rent here for a few week in the Summer. Try to do some activities you enjoy outside (like me - gardening) . No cultural things outside of The Villages in this area unless you drive for over an hour!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Old 10-16-2017, 06:39 AM

I am enjoying the Villages as we travel back and forth between the northeast and down here. I do see myself eventually staying here for longer periods of time although I miss my grandchildren while being down here. Love the heat and sunshine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
regrets, pools, adults, join, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.