Any village too far?

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 04:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbear View Post
Just got back from a three day "freestyle" visit. Did all my traveling via automobile. My question is are there any villages or locations that are "too far" away for a golf cart from the things that make the villages what you guys like about the place? For example my impression of the newest lots available are a long golf cart ride to Lake Sumter and Brownwood town centers. And I think a long way from the Regional Rec center too. What about shopping locations?

What do you think? What about where you live? I'd like to put the truck in the garage and rarely use it. Thanks.

Phil Bailey
(airbear)

The only time i take my car out is when i need to leave the reservation, i can go from one extreme end of the Villages, to the other, on a single charge in my Golf Cart.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I drive my car every 2 weeks to keep the battery up. The cart is the way for me. I go everywhere I need and enjoy the trip.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Platinum member

I live in Duval and like it but wish I was closer to the shopping areas. If I were buying again, I'd look at Winifred, Tall Trees, Belvedere....
Old 02-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Any Village too far? Too far from what? It all depends on what is important to you.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Too far from what - that is a good point. I knew someone that wanted to be close to Walmart. That would not be on my agenda. But I wanted to be near golf courses, shopping, and town squares. So we lucked out when we bought centrally near Lake Sumter. I'm near a grocery store, many golf courses and pools around, and a 15 min. golf cart ride to Spanish Springs, or 5 minutes to Sumter Landing. Brownwood is probably 25-30 minutes in a golf cart so we take the car. If you plan on playing softball you may want to live near the softball facilities. If you're an archer, near the archery facilities. Everyone has different desires and needs. If you're not sure, you won't make a mistake buying preowned that is central.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

We came down last year and rented in two villages one by LSL for a month (Virginia Trace) and then one in Hemmingway. Finally decided that hubby was going to play the nines a lot and the 18's once a week. We then rented this year in a Village near his favorite nines. We then started looking in a radius of that area. We saw much better deals on preowned up by 466 both north and just south of it but decided for us that the extra 20 min each way in a golf cart early every morning (hubby likes really early T-times) would be best avoided if we could. There are a couple of villages way east on 466 (La Zamora comes to mind) that when I looked at a map I didn't think were golf cart friendly, but there probably is a trick to navigating in and out and that bridge over 441 to the Historic section freaks me out.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:16 AM

Are you interested in pre owned? If yes thinking most the exrtra are done and I think Hadley,Amelia, Mallory,Duval,Heminway, these area are really close to almost anything and all the squares
Old 02-10-2015, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
We came down last year and rented in two villages one by LSL for a month (Virginia Trace) and then one in Hemmingway. Finally decided that hubby was going to play the nines a lot and the 18's once a week. We then rented this year in a Village near his favorite nines. We then started looking in a radius of that area. We saw much better deals on preowned up by 466 both north and just south of it but decided for us that the extra 20 min each way in a golf cart early every morning (hubby likes really early T-times) would be best avoided if we could. There are a couple of villages way east on 466 (La Zamora comes to mind) that when I looked at a map I didn't think were golf cart friendly, but there probably is a trick to navigating in and out and that bridge over 441 to the Historic section freaks me out.
All villages are "golf cart" friendly.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I live in Duval and like it but wish I was closer to the shopping areas. If I were buying again, I'd look at Winifred, Tall Trees, Belvedere....
I think everyone likes to be close to grocery shopping.
We live in one of the Villages you mentioned which is very close to Publix and Fresh Market.
Also, those Villages are close to Bealls, Walmart, Belvedere Library, the private 10-acre dog park, Bonefish, and many, many other good restaurants.
Ten minutes to Lake Sumter Landing, and minutes to golf courses and pools.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:11 PM
Gold member

There is a lot to be said for being close to Spanish Springs. All areas in TV have access to rec centers, golf, pools, grocery stores, etc. However, Spanish Springs seems to be where most of the unique things are: bowling alleys, Katie Bell's, Cattlebaron, concerts at the to-be-opened Church on the Square performing arts center, wood shop, shopping at the big box stores. The second best area for unique things might be the area around the high school - especially if you are interested in Life Long Learning Center courses.

However, there is also a lot to be said for being in a new house in a new neighborhood - frienships just being formed; no active cliques established.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Veteran member

When we drove past the area for the Villages at Fruitland Park I did feel that it is pretty isolated from the rest of TV.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post
When we drove past the area for the Villages at Fruitland Park I did feel that it is pretty isolated from the rest of TV.
The new area that you speak of will not be separated from the existing Villages at all, just an uninterrupted continuation and right smack dab up against Sanibel and Charlotte. It will be the southeasternmost part of TV.

Very close to Colony Publix.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2newyorkers View Post

The power lines are a bit disturbing as well.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:58 PM
Location: Village of Dunedin, Keller Tx, Tulsa Ok, Chicago Il, Milwaukee Wi

Live in Dunedin. I know lots of folks here who have moved here from both North of 466A and some from North of 466, not just from outside the Villages. I think it's more of to each--there own. Spend time looking and you'll find what works for you.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
The power lines are a bit disturbing as well.
?????

Our power lines are underground.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.