Any village too far?

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
The power lines are a bit disturbing as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
?????
Our power lines are underground.
Gracie, there is a line of high voltage, above-ground power lines that run north-south just east of the Sumter-Lake counties border.

Rickey, I don't think they will be disturbing to most people once the layout of the land becomes more obvious. This type of power lines already exists in other parts of TV. Of course, "disturbing" is a matter of personal opinion and choice.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:02 PM
Sage

Depends if you like riding in a golf cart. Me, I love the ride and go everywhere in it. Of course the more central you are located the more choices you have. The longest distance I ride is usually about 1/2 hour. My car stays in the garage and only gets a fill up about every other month.
I kind of consider Lake Sumter Landing in the middle, with Spanish Springs to the north and Brownwood to the south. If you pick a place between 466 and 466A then you will in the middle, but further north or south poses no problems since you still have everything near you.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:07 PM
Sage

Once The Villages reaches Orlando, we may need to have some kind of tram.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:39 PM

Thanks to all who replied to my original post. Coming back in two weeks to look around some more!
Phil Bailey
(airbear)
Old 02-10-2015, 05:56 PM
Sage

Fruitland park looks like a hike to Brownwood or Sumter.
They have 3 execs and 1 championship. Not enough compared to Sumter and south.
I think they have 2 softball fields too but that's about it.
I played Turtle Mound this morning and De La Vista this afternoon and I guess I never realized all the traffic the north end deals with everyday.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:55 PM

Belvedere, and Tall Trees are near Publix, The Fresh Market (unbelievable gourmet /specialty/Fresh items), not to mention IHOP, Perkins, Bonefish, McD's, Taco B, Crispin's, Beef OBrady, and of course Walmart.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Sage

I would put a Fresh Market or knockoff near Publix. You would have Sumter heading south, Brownwood and all of Fruitland Park to draw from.
Do you think that is half the villages?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:27 AM

We have lived here for 2 years and like everyone else has said we love our location. We bought in the older section because of the location. I think that is your answer decide what you like to do and then get close enough that you are comfortable driving on a cart to get there. My husband golfs all over and drives his electric cart and has not had a problem, we go to Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs and enjoy both of them, for us Brownwood is too far, I know many people coming in like the new houses and like everyone stated I think everyone living here thinks they are in the best Village, but there is nothing like location, you can make changes to houses but not your location, so decide what you like and get close to it or within a reasonable drive. Good luck with your search.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I would put a Fresh Market or knockoff near Publix. You would have Sumter heading south, Brownwood and all of Fruitland Park to draw from.
Do you think that is half the villages?
Which Publix?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I think when you're looking at a home you need to decide what the house needs to be, what will make you happy. As for close to shopping and the squares, do you go to the grocery store every day. I don't...do you go to the squares every day. I don't, but almost every house has a recreation center a family pool and a neighborhood pool within minutes. Find the house you love then everything else will fall into place.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Fruitland park looks like a hike to Brownwood or Sumter.

Hillsborough and Pinellas go from east to west to Buena Vista and will connect the new areas to Brownwood.

Morse goes straight north to Lake Sumter Landing. I see no difficulties. What is a hike is from Orange Blossom Garden in the northeast most part, to Brownwood. 17 miles.

Most people after living here a couple of years don't go to the squares like they did at first. They are caught up with other activiites.
Old 02-11-2015, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Which Publix?
466A strip mall
There is
44A
466A
and I can't keep them straight. When someone says 301 it's the only time I know exactly where they're talking about. I think the road numbering scheme down here is a cruel joke played on people like me. [of course I'm only kidding]

Last edited by tomwed; 02-11-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
466A strip mall
There is
44A
466A
and I can't keep them straight. When someone says 301 it's the only time I know exactly where they're talking about. I think the road numbering scheme down here is a cruel joke played on people like me. [of course I'm only kidding]
It's a tribute to the golfers......Fore......

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

It seems your main concern is where can you live and get away with doing all your commuting in a golf cart and not have to drive too much. If you're going to be in the Spanish Springs area a lot, but also the Lake Sumter area as well. Driving your golf cart back and forth over the Morse Bridge would be something I wouldn't want to do a lot. My thinking would be to pick the side of 466 you would spend most of you're time to buy your home.

Personally we live off St. Charles and are 4 miles from Brownwood, 3-1/2 miles from LSL and about 7 miles from Spanish Springs. I like our location and if we are going north to Spanish Springs or Hwy 27/441 we will use the car. Also when going to Walmart and any of the restaurants that way, we'll use the car. However, for LSL and or Brownwood we can take the golf cart and be there in less than 20 minutes. Brownwood is becoming much more important to me, especially since we belong to MVP Club and go 5 days a week.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Sage

It all depends on what important to you!!!

After a while, you will find you don't go to the squares, as much. Most people want to be close to shopping, doctors, golf courses or rec centers. Every village has it's own charm and I really believe that some people do find one village more preferable than another, but no village is bad, in terms of location.

Golf cart rides are enjoyable but one must plan accordingly if they are 45 minutes away from a square and or activity. I would take my car. By using a golf cart, one can enjoy the beauty of TV more than by taking a car.

I would make a list of what's important to you, and buy in a village that best suits your wants and desires.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.