Any Woodcarvers in the villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-18-2021, 08:04 AM
Default Any Woodcarvers in the villages

I moved to TV about a year ago and like to carve wood. Would like to know if there are any like minded carvers here in TV that would like to get together and compare work and techniques of woodcarving.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:21 AM

What sort of carving do you do? I've been here less than a week, still have all the carving tools packed up, and lots of things to do before getting back to carving.

FWIW, my interests are classical woodcarving, and recently bowl carving. You can see more here: Woodcarving
Old 06-18-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchopper545 View Post
I moved to TV about a year ago and like to carve wood.
I'd suggest signing up to join the Villages Woodworkers club. They have plenty of woodworkers of all types, including a number of wood carvers who have done some amazing work, as well as a number of well equipped and set up carving stations for the carvers to work at.

They currently have one workshop on Oak Dr, just off of Rolling Acres Rd, and are nearing completion of a second shop near Brownwood, across from the Eisenhower Rec Center.

If you're at all interested I'd recommend applying for membership as soon as you can, as they already have ~400 people on their waiting list.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeaston View Post
What sort of carving do you do? I've been here less than a week, still have all the carving tools packed up, and lots of things to do before getting back to carving.

FWIW, my interests are classical woodcarving, and recently bowl carving. You can see more here: Woodcarving
I'm new and have done some bowls and some folk art I call lady liberty. Currently working on some Christmas angels, winged and non-winged. Would like to meet when you get some time. I live in Fenney.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen.q.pankow View Post
I'd suggest signing up to join the Villages Woodworkers club. They have plenty of woodworkers of all types, including a number of wood carvers who have done some amazing work, as well as a number of well equipped and set up carving stations for the carvers to work at.

They currently have one workshop on Oak Dr, just off of Rolling Acres Rd, and are nearing completion of a second shop near Brownwood, across from the Eisenhower Rec Center.

If you're at all interested I'd recommend applying for membership as soon as you can, as they already have ~400 people on their waiting list.
I've applied to the woodworkers club but have not been called.
Closed Thread

Tags
minded, carvers, compare, work, techniques

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.