Anyone added another outdoor hose connection?

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 08-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Gold member

Default Anyone added another outdoor hose connection?

We have a 2/2 Colony and the hose connection is on the garage wall by the front door. It’s a PITA dragging a hose (50+ feet) around the lanai on the side over to the patio when I need it then rolling it back up even with the battery powered electric hose reel since it goes through shrubs.

Our Master Bath is against the patio wall. Was thinking I could tap into the water line that goes to the toilet which is probably a 3’ straighten run to the outside right over the patio. Seems (relatively) simple. Would have to cut a chunk of wallboard from behind the toilet and push pipe out the wall then replace the wallboard. LOL sounds simple.

Anyone ever done this or similar or had it done? Current hose location is great if you want to wash a car but not much else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 08-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
We have a 2/2 Colony and the hose connection is on the garage wall by the front door. It’s a PITA dragging a hose (50+ feet) around the lanai on the side over to the patio when I need it then rolling it back up even with the battery powered electric hose reel since it goes through shrubs.

Our Master Bath is against the patio wall. Was thinking I could tap into the water line that goes to the toilet which is probably a 3’ straighten run to the outside right over the patio. Seems (relatively) simple. Would have to cut a chunk of wallboard from behind the toilet and push pipe out the wall then replace the wallboard. LOL sounds simple.

Anyone ever done this or similar or had it done? Current hose location is great if you want to wash a car but not much else.

Yes. We added three more in the birdcage and I just enjoyed myself washing out all of the organisms that build up in the cracks of the concrete. Nothing pleases a sixties housewife more to chase dirt and find it. It satisfies inner needs as well as practical ones. lol
Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 AM
Gold member

Default Anyone added another outdoor hose connection?

3! You must have one heck of a big bird! Bald Eagle or maybe a large prehistoric pigeon? Who cleans the cage?

Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 AM
Sage

Quote:

You can probably do this, IMHO, be sure to use a good quality metal hose bib, and add the reverse flow valve (required by law, I believe). Make sure the hose bib is securely attached to the house and not being supported by the plastic pipe, one good hard twist or pull on the hose and you could have a flood.
Several neighbors just used a Y adapter, buried water pipe outside the house to the new location, and installed a suitable hose bib. This works well if you have grass or garden the whole way , but not if you have to cross walkway or drive way.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

It seems strange that you only have one hose bibb. The two bedroom courtyard villas have a hose bibb next to the garage and also one in the back yard near the screened lanai. I thought it was standard to have at least two hose bibbs.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It seems strange that you only have one hose bibb. The two bedroom courtyard villas have a hose bibb next to the garage and also one in the back yard near the screened lanai. I thought it was standard to have at least two hose bibbs.
My 2/2 CYV has 3 hose bibs...... a 2/2 Colony is a Patio Villa and I don't know about them.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Sage

We added one on the inside of our garage, close to the door really handy for washing the front of the cars during love bug season--this way we don't have to drag a hose around shrubs
Old 08-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:

It's not a CYV, it's a Colony (actually called "About Time"). All homes here have only one that I have looked at and some have on side (but not lanai/patio Side) and a couple like mine. Definitely weird. Ours is directly next to main water shutoff in garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2019, 03:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post

Several neighbors just used a Y adapter, buried water pipe outside the house to the new location, and installed a suitable hose bib. This works well if you have grass or garden the whole way , but not if you have to cross walkway or drive way.

Would need about 75 feet of pipe and dynamite for 15 ft of sidewalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I had a colony patio villa and it only had one hose connection outside next to the garage just like the OP.

Tags
hose, patio, wall, wallboard, simple