Anyone else having problems with Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We have Century Link for internet only via fiber to the house. We are pretty happy with them. We are south of 466A. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyridge View Post
Good luck. Have Comcast triple play. Many problems with internet and phone that have plagued us for months. Even wrote letter to Comcast VP about problems. Sadly cable does not have enough competition to make them earn their revenues. Our TV has worked ok except for one time when service was shut off for no particular reason. Interested in knowing what people think of Century Link for cable and phone.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:46 PM
Veteran member

Not other than those greedy so-and-sos passing on another $ 10 increase this month.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:10 PM
Email Reported As Spam

To answer the OP's only question yes me too
Old 01-23-2015, 05:22 PM
Default dslreports.com

I have a 24 hour-a-day line monitor measuring pings on my Comcast isp. Looks like Thursday was somewhat of a glitchy day for Comcast.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	dslreports_com.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	47211  
Old 01-23-2015, 07:43 PM

Comcast has the worst customer service of them all
Old 01-23-2015, 09:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I finally did it , I dumped Comcast after 11 years of nothing but frustration .....I went with Centurylink for all services and I've never been happier ..........fabulous picture (true HD ) internet speed of constant 32 to
40 mgs. .........20% more channels ,,,,,,,,,,should have done this years ago...

a happy fumar
Old 01-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyridge View Post
Good luck. Have Comcast triple play. Many problems with internet and phone that have plagued us for months. Even wrote letter to Comcast VP about problems. Sadly cable does not have enough competition to make them earn their revenues. Our TV has worked ok except for one time when service was shut off for no particular reason. Interested in knowing what people think of Century Link for cable and phone.
Brighthouse has been very good to us....smile.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Veteran member

Haven't had problems with the tv, although I don't watch it that much. I have been unable to access my email for 3 days now.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
i switched to brighthouse about 6 months ago. No problems, no unexpected fee increases and great tv.
thanks for post
Old 01-24-2015, 12:10 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midvale View Post
I have a 24 hour-a-day line monitor measuring pings on my Comcast isp. Looks like Thursday was somewhat of a glitchy day for Comcast.
After five years of frustration with Comcast tv, we switched to DTV and we love it.

I kept Comcast for broadband and am continually frustrated with the service. On a mission to find another ISP!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-24-2015, 06:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
I finally did it , I dumped Comcast after 11 years of nothing but frustration .....I went with Centurylink for all services and I've never been happier ..........fabulous picture (true HD ) internet speed of constant 32 to

40 mgs. .........20% more channels ,,,,,,,,,,should have done this years ago...

a happy fumar

That's good to hear Fumar....I have to do my annual battle with Comcast next week when my "promotion" expires. If they don't offer me equal or lesser cost for same package, I will go elsewhere...either DTV or Century Link. I have had Comcast here and in MD for close to 30 years and it's never been a pleasant experience dealing with their customer service. I dread making that call. Products are decent, though I think their HD picture quality is so so, but customer service stinks.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:03 AM

I have spent over 5 hours trying to get Comcast to honor the contract agreement that I made with them in Nov. I was to have the same rate for the next 2 years, the price would not change, IF I agreed to the 2 years. I said yes. The very next bill had a $26.55 increase. I even have the transcript in writing with the offer!

Spent another 1.5 hours trying to get that fixed, they said whoever made that deal with me should NOT have done that and would not honor it the deal. BUT said I could NOT cancel the 2 year contract.

HA! Watch me. I am done with Comcast. Since 2010, my rates went from the $99 "New Customer Deal" to over $210.00 a month for EXACTLY the same service. I have not added anything to our service!

I really would be interested in Bright House from everything I have read on here, but they do not have service above 466. So who is the best and most reasonable priced service for those above 466?
Old 01-30-2015, 02:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get Comcast to honor the contract agreement that I made with them in Nov. I was to have the same rate for the next 2 years, the price would not change, IF I agreed to the 2 years. I said yes. The very next bill had a $26.55 increase. I even have the transcript in writing with the offer!

Spent another 1.5 hours trying to get that fixed, they said whoever made that deal with me should NOT have done that and would not honor it the deal. BUT said I could NOT cancel the 2 year contract.

HA! Watch me. I am done with Comcast. Since 2010, my rates went from the $99 "New Customer Deal" to over $210.00 a month for EXACTLY the same service. I have not added anything to our service!

I really would be interested in Bright House from everything I have read on here, but they do not have service above 466.

So who is the best and most reasonable priced service for those above 466?
No internet service for the past 12 hours with Comcast.
Since we have VOIP phone service, we didn't have a phone either.
We spent an hour on our cell phone getting the internet service turned back on -- no excuse offered by Comcast.
I am done with Comcast and looking for the best alternative for TV/internet.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Sage

We watch lots of free on demand movies and Comcast gave us a selection of probably over a 100 and Century Link gave us 9. Add to that that Century Link usually about once a week lost the picture and we had to call,and go thru the routine to restore it. I've gone back to Comcast and am so far happy.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:20 PM

Comcast the Taliban of TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.