Anyone else having problems with Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 01-30-2015, 07:10 PM

Yes, Comcast has been cutting out, freezing, etc. I thought maybe it was just a news station problem....
Old 01-30-2015, 07:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
I finally did it , I dumped Comcast after 11 years of nothing but frustration. I went with Centurylink for all services and I've never been happier....fabulous picture (true HD ) internet speed of constant 32 to 40 mgs. ..20% more channels - should have done this years ago... a happy fumar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
We watch lots of free on demand movies and Comcast gave us a selection of probably over a 100 and Century Link gave us 9. Add to that that Century Link usually about once a week lost the picture and we had to call,and go thru the routine to restore it. I've gone back to Comcast and am so far happy.
It's a tough decision. I keep thinking nothing could be worse than Comcast, and then I see Shimpy's post.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

I've had both. Comcast a little bit better on cable, a LOT better on internet speed. If you're a novice internet person, century link is probably fine for you.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Veteran member

After reading all the threads over all the years regarding Comcast, I knew I wanted something different. We got Brighthouse. We love it. So to answer the OP's question: Nope, no problem here. No problem at all.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 01-30-2015, 07:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I've had both. Comcast a little bit better on cable, a LOT better on internet speed. If you're a novice internet person, century link is probably fine for you.
How does price compare? Does Century Link tend to lose the picture a lot?
Comcast has been pixillating a lot lately. Is that even a word?
Old 01-30-2015, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
How does price compare? Does Century Link tend to lose the picture a lot?
Comcast has been pixillating a lot lately. Is that even a word?
That's definitely a word, lol. pixelating can be caused by a variety of reasons, not all the carriers fault. If I'm on an HD channel and experience it, I switch to the non HD channel, and a lot of times it's fine. Truth be known, most people, to the naked eye, could not differentiate between HD and non HD. Test it for yourself, blindly.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
That's definitely a word, lol. pixelating can be caused by a variety of reasons, not all the carriers fault. If I'm on an HD channel and experience it, I switch to the non HD channel, and a lot of times it's fine. Truth be known, most people, to the naked eye, could not differentiate between HD and non HD. Test it for yourself, blindly.
If you can't tell the difference between HD and non HD (720 pics to 1080 pics ) then I'm sure you'll be happy with Comcast.....

20/20 Fumar
Old 01-30-2015, 11:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have Century Link internet with 40 Mbps download/20 Mbps upload and 100 Mbps download is available. Apparently 1000 Mbps download is also available but it may take a few phone calls to make it happen. These are hardly speeds for novices but they also have slower speeds. Fiber optics to the house.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighthouse Cable Lysander View Post
Hello Fellow Villagers'

I'm the local sales rep for Brighthouse for The Villages. If you are interested in switching to us for service we do have excellent offers for new customer on your Cable, Internet & phone service. We have plenty of campaigns where you get free installation and most of out bundle campaigns do come with the 1st month free (excluding equipment cost). Plus we also offer home security as well.

In most cases if you are switching from Century Link or Comcast we are able to port your home number over, so you don't have to get a new number. All Brighthouse internet customers also get free access to all the free WiFi hotspots located at all the rec/pool centers south of CR 466A.

Keep in mind though that we are only available south of CR 466A though. Sorry.

For more information feel free to email or call me. Thanks
Are you EVER going to expand up further North in the Villages area? Please say yes.

I am above 466 and would LOVE to switch to your company. I have not heard the bad things about Brighthouse like I have for Conmcast or Centrylink.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:42 AM

I live in Sable Chase and haven't had any problems lately with Comcast not working properly on my TV, phone or internet. The only thing I am having a problem with is Comcast not setting up my Caller ID to show phone numbers on my TV when some calls me. I've been back and forth with Comcast about that for the past two weeks and it's very discouraging that they haven't resolved that issue yet. And, yes, their Customer Service really sucks! I agree, I don't know how Comcast stays in business with their awful Customer Service.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Platinum member

I figured since my phone with Comcast is voice over internet and it can go out as it did recently, I'm going to try an ooma. got a refurb off ebay for $79. If it works out, will start my gradual withdrawal from bundled Comcast services. hoping to get down to just their internet.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Yes, where you are located in The Villages may impact your satisfaction. I suspect Century Link customers with fiber to the house may be more satisfied than those who have copper to the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldseekur View Post
Are you EVER going to expand up further North in the Villages area? Please say yes.

I am above 466 and would LOVE to switch to your company. I have not heard the bad things about Brighthouse like I have for Conmcast or Centrylink.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCCF View Post
I've been back and forth with Comcast about that for the past two weeks and it's very discouraging that they haven't resolved that issue yet. And, yes, their Customer Service really sucks! I agree, I don't know how Comcast stays in business with their awful Customer Service.

I think that is the problem most of us have with Comcast -- Customer Service is a joke.
And they have no way to reach them via email.
You MUST call them on the telephone and listen to all their sales pitches while you're on hold.
They made a minor change on our account, which knocked out our internet service for 12 hours.
When I finally reached Tech Service, they said "Customer Service must have changed an account code, that often knocks out the internet service."
Old 01-31-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Yes, where you are located in The Villages may impact your satisfaction. I suspect Century Link customers with fiber to the house may be more satisfied than those who have copper to the house.
I know everyone believes fiber is better than copper for Internet - I felt the same way. I have Internet service via copper from Comcast and I'm completely satisfied. I'm not a Comcast "fanboy," just stating a fact.
Old 01-31-2015, 12:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I suspect you actually have coax cable to the house and not copper. There are a lot of pieces needed to provide service to your home. Fiber is newer so all the pieces may be newer and perhaps more reliable. Most of the really high speed services are fiber based and even Comcast will be rolling out their HFC (hybrid fiber-coax) soon. I don't think anyone will debate that fiber is a better medium than coax but it doesn't mean that coax isn't acceptable. My comment about fiber was in the context that the newer areas of The Villages have fiber to the house and it may provide a better service than the older copper (real copper, not coax) networks for Century Link customers. It certainly supports higher bandwidths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
I know everyone believes fiber is better than copper for Internet - I felt the same way. I have Internet service via copper from Comcast and I'm completely satisfied. I'm not a Comcast "fanboy," just stating a fact.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.