Anyone else hear today that the Developer closed........

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2020, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Just looked at the google map view of Continental and am wondering if a golf cart bridge is planned to go over 44 near the Rohan Regional Recreation Center to access the Villages South. If so, it is very easy to see how golf cart connectivity could be easily linked to Continental?
Old 02-18-2020, 08:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I did my best to search Sumter County public records on line to see if I could find a deed transfer for Continental County Club, but could not find anything? If this sale in fact did happen it will be interesting to learn the Developers reasoning for the transaction and how it may effect the Villages. For one thing, it would represent the first addition of Championship golf in a very long time and since many thousands of new homes have been built.
Think about it, people are pining for another championship down that way; a lot less money would be spent updating that course rather than building a brand new one. And if it becomes a new village, new homes would be site built to replace the mobile homes as they become unrepairable, as done on the Historic Side.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Think about it, people are pining for another championship down that way; a lot less money would be spent updating that course rather than building a brand new one. And if it becomes a new village, new homes would be site built to replace the mobile homes as they become unrepairable, as done on the Historic Side.
Come on think about it..... new courses cost nothing considering the premium on a golf course lot. The people buying on the course pay for it.

They are in the home building business..... not the home buying business. But.......

I would consider buying in the Village of Pembroke Fairways.....
Old 02-19-2020, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Wasn’t there an article in the not to be named paper, about a road going through this park? Dividing it in half?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:01 AM

🤣🤣🤣
Old 02-19-2020, 07:20 AM
Michael Charles

I like the idea of a championship golf course south of 44! I wonder how those of us in the villages of Fenney/DeSoto/McClure/Marsh Bend would get there by golf cart? I guess they would just let us use a golf cart like they do up north until the bridges are operational sometime by the end of 2020 or 2021! Then it would be a long trek up Marsh Bend to the bridge over the turnpike all the way up to Brownwood then over to the bridge over 44 then to where? Or the bridge from the Lake Deaton plaza over to Chitty Chatty to where? There could be a plan for another tunnel under Morse Blvd right into CCC from Chitty Chatty.

If the restaurant gets sold as well then the restaurant monopoly of TV gets another opportunity to offer the same food as all their other food factories. Oh boy I can't wait for yet another mediocre restaurant we won't go to.

I really dig the rumor mill!

Last edited by Michael Charles; 02-19-2020 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:25 AM

I don’t believe the mobile home area is individually owned . They have been trying to purchase the mobile homes area for quite some time. They have been to the town to several times to change zoning on that property. They even tried to get the property condemned so as to evict the people on it. Go back into the town records to see this info. It’s been going on for 2 years since they bought all the property near there. I have been following their methods on it. I would not be surprised if this is what they purchased. They do not want this mobile park in the middle of the villages. That is probably the reasoning behind it.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:26 AM

Deed transfers take about a month to be recorded. If it just happened you wouldn't find it on a search yet.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:28 AM

If the lots in CCC are leased and not owned by the residence it is possible that the developer could force the owners to move the trailers as their leases exspire. In a few years that would open the land up for new home development along with a championship golf course and clubhouse.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:03 AM

Not even close! CCC golf course is a goat track.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:27 AM

I live at Continental Country Club and we were not bought by the Villages.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham View Post
CCC golf course is a goat track.
That reminds me of Sam Snead riding a train into St. Andrews for the 1946 British Open.

He asked a fellow passenger if that was an abandoned golf course next to the train track and was told that was the Royal and Ancient Golf Club.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

The lots in CCC are all privately owned by the residents. A buyout of all the properties would be next to impossible and hardly worth the expense. There is much more unused/pasture land contiguous to existing owned properties that would be far easier, less expensive, and less controversial to develop and grow The Villages.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-19-2020, 08:30 AM

The Villages bought only the amenities because they needed the road that runs through it. All home owners own their properties, the Villages now owns the club house, all roads, golf course, pool and recreation areas. The owners there are very upset, I have a work colleague who lives there. The Villages needed their roads. The facility, not the homes are now owned by the Villages.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:00 AM

The big question is do the homeowners own their lots, or lease them? Many mobile home parks rent the lots.
Closed Thread

Tags
continental, work, heard, club, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.