Anyone else hear today that the Developer closed........

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

I personally know for a fact that this rumor is NOT TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
…...on the purchase of Continental Country Club? I heard that at work this afternoon.

Old 02-19-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villagesgal View Post
The Villages bought only the amenities because they needed the road that runs through it. All home owners own their properties, the Villages now owns the club house, all roads, golf course, pool and recreation areas. The owners there are very upset, I have a work colleague who lives there. The Villages needed their roads. The facility, not the homes are now owned by the Villages.
Interesting. Just curious, why would the homeowners be upset, they bought homes at non-Villages prices and instantly become Villagers. I would think their home values just went way up, assuming they are privy to all Villages amenities and lifestyle advantages? Perhaps I am missing something.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:13 AM

Very funny
Old 02-19-2020, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I will find out for sure at 2pm................I'm getting a hair cut.
I am taking all other posts and speculations with a pinch of salt, until I get the latest news from the barbers!!
Old 02-19-2020, 10:14 AM
Smile CCC Rumor

Do Not Believe Everything You Hear And Only Half Of What You See.

Villagers Can Wish In One Hand And **** In Other Hand

Guess Which One Fills Up First
Old 02-19-2020, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Interesting. Just curious, why would the homeowners be upset, they bought homes at non-Villages prices and instantly become Villagers. I would think their home values just went way up, assuming they are privy to all Villages amenities and lifestyle advantages? Perhaps I am missing something.
Why assume that they want to be part of the villages. CCC was built early 90's ish The villages was a long ways away then. It is quite possible that they like it not being a villager.
Old 02-19-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
Why assume that they want to be part of the villages. CCC was built early 90's ish The villages was a long ways away then. It is quite possible that they like it not being a villager.
True, but they might not have a say in it, at least as far as the course and amenities go.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:04 PM

They are not Villagers. Their roads and amenities are now owned by the Villages because the family needed the roads. The homeowners are upset because there will be increased traffic through the area and they don't know if they will be allowed to use the amenities there anymore or how much they will have to pay to use just their old ones, they are not nor probably will ever be Villagers.
Old 02-19-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
They haven't purchased other people's problems in the past, buying CCC would definitely be buying someone else's problems. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with or at CCC, the comment is directed at buying any property that would have to maintain and operate instead of plowing it under. Buying an existing facility brings with it all its history and promises that they would have to honor.

The rumor mill is alive and well.
Considered buying a place there for my daughter a few years ago and they were involved in a lawsuit because the place was loaded with termites.
Old 02-19-2020, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

CCC is truly a gated community. If the rumor is true I understand why they would be upset with outsiders having access to their roads.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsong View Post
I live at Continental Country Club and we were not bought by the Villages.
Quote:
The Villages bought only the amenities because they needed the road that runs through it. All home owners own their properties, the Villages now owns the club house, all roads, golf course, pool and recreation areas. The owners there are very upset, I have a work colleague who lives there. The Villages needed their roads. The facility, not the homes are now owned by the Villages.
Uh-oh, he said/she said. I'm siding with Villagesgal.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:15 PM

Define historical side.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsantos592 View Post
Define historical side.
The Villages north of 27/441.
Old 02-19-2020, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
That must have been the article I read about the proposed roads being bought, dividing the park.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:34 PM

while you can verify that Continental Country Club is the owner of the Rec Center/Restaurant, the golf course, and some undeveloped land contiguous with property owned by The Villages and the individual lot are owned by the home owners...(Sumter County Property Assessor source).... I did not note the ownership of connecting streets/roadways and also how are the utilities (water, sewer and etc) owned. That last part would be a big one to sort out. It certainly is a property that would fill in a lot of open spaces in the southward megalopolis.

Tags
continental, work, heard, club, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.