Anyone else hear today that the Developer closed........

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2020, 08:07 PM

According to their website, the homeowner pays rent for the lot. They don't own the land.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
…...on the purchase of Continental Country Club? I heard that at work this afternoon.
The constant thing in The Villages are rumors. Ignore them. Along with the Costco, Trader Joes rumors.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:32 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by big guy View Post
The constant thing in The Villages are rumors. Ignore them. Along with the Costco, Trader Joes rumors.
Well it's true about Costco building in the general area, Ocala to be precise. It will be near FL route 200. They've bought the land and are just waiting for the necessary permits etc.

I didn't hear this from my hair stylist today either! Rather I heard it from a GM from a store in the Tampa/St. Pete area.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:09 AM

What does Costco and and Trader Joe's have to do with what the original poster here has to say?

Why do people in here have a need to confuse things?

I would like to know the answer to the original poster's question before I purchase.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,308 Times in 823 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
According to their website, the homeowner pays rent for the lot. They don't own the land.
Copied and pasted off of CCC site

"Continental Country Club Home and Lot Sales"
Old 02-21-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
The Villages north of 27/441.
East of 441
Old 02-21-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
The course conditions over there are about the same as here.You won't notice much difference
I played it once last year and I would agree with this comment except that the greens were so much better than what we play on in The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
It make no sense. What does it even mean?

Each house is individually owned by the resident. It's impossible to imagine the Developer closed on hundreds of individual homes. And for what purpose?

Or did the Developer buy the CCC club house and golf course? Again for what purpose? The club house and golf course are surrounded by all those houses. And do you think the current CCC house owners would sit quietly and just let that happen?

Although it's a mildly interesting rumor, it makes no sense to me. Remember ... follow the money. I don't see any financial reason for the Developer to buy CCC.
If I recall correctly they are all manufactured homes.In many cases with manufactured homes, the people don't own the land on which their home sits.

Could that be the case at Continental?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

What did you copy and paste? It says RENT/HOA on their site.

What does that mean?
Old 02-21-2020, 07:29 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
What does Costco and and Trader Joe's have to do with what the original poster here has to say?

Why do people in here have a need to confuse things?

I would like to know the answer to the original poster's question before I purchase.
I wouldn't base my decision to purchase anything based on peoples opinions, especially on TOTV. I would highly recommend that you do your research on reputable websites that only have facts. In this case the Continental Country Club or The Villages news releases or how about the Sumter County real estate transactions. Just sayin. Buyer beware.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

When you follow the link on that page to the Fourstar site and lookup a home for sale there is a caveat:

"Additional fees for amenities may apply
Four Star Homes is not responsible for quoting current monthly fees, lot rent, or any dues/fees associated with the community or home. Those figures are the responsibility of the buyer and community manager/owner to obtain and disclose."

So it looks like Fourstar is selling the mobile home, not the lot.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:27 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

I posted this in post #15

Facilities - Continental Country Club FL

I think there is all the info one needs about CCC
Strange, there is even contact info....go figure.
Steve

Last edited by anothersteve; 02-21-2020 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
When you follow the link on that page to the Fourstar site and lookup a home for sale there is a caveat:

"Additional fees for amenities may apply
Four Star Homes is not responsible for quoting current monthly fees, lot rent, or any dues/fees associated with the community or home. Those figures are the responsibility of the buyer and community manager/owner to obtain and disclose."

So it looks like Fourstar is selling the mobile home, not the lot.
Exactly. LOT RENT.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
I wouldn't base my decision to purchase anything based on peoples opinions, especially on TOTV. I would highly recommend that you do your research on reputable websites that only have facts. In this case the Continental Country Club or The Villages news releases or how about the Sumter County real estate transactions. Just sayin. Buyer beware.
Thank you. And that is exactly what I am trying to do. And this has been a pretty good source of information here.

However, it has also been a frustrating mess of people in "America's Friendliest..." seeking to win a debate, insult people for asking a question, and having no tolerance for a difference of opinion. Does not leave a good impression for those of us looking into buying here.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
The problem is that no such site exists
Closed Thread

Tags
continental, work, heard, club, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.