Anyone Epoxy The Lanai

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
To reply to those asking about our plastic Ikea tile, John posted a picture of the wood ones. Ikea makes one with wood, which is more expensive, and plastic in black, gray and perhaps one other color. My Lanai is rather large under roof, about 800 sq. ft. So I needed a lot of them.

At the time, Ikea was running a deal with so much off up to a dollar amount. I ended up making like 8 orders to get the price per tile down to like $2.00 each.

They snapped together, strong but they cut easily....I used a sliding chop saw and jig saw. Any rain goes right through them, and they are not slippery.

Just another option....Thanks! BTW, John, I really like your posts and the way you easily post pictures....when I posted these pictures they posted small and I could not get them to show larger like you did. You are so very good at this!

Frank D.
Thanks for your post. I like the look and the price, plus I can do this myself.
I was hesitant to do tiles or epoxy, this is a good looking alternative that I think looks great. Thank you.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:28 PM

Make sure that you have something put into/onto the paint so that it isn't slippery. Had a friend who fell on the wet floor on the paint that was in the home when purchased. We also had issues when filling the batteries in our golf cart.
The accidental overflow ate away the paint very badly. Just some considerations....
Old 02-11-2021, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
...They snapped together, strong but they cut easily....I used a sliding chop saw and jig saw. Any rain goes right through them, and they are not slippery.

Just another option....Thanks! BTW, John, I really like your posts and the way you easily post pictures....when I posted these pictures they posted small and I could not get them to show larger like you did. You are so very good at this!

Frank D.
Since the rain will go right through them, it probably wouldn't be good for me to lay them over the indoor outdoor carpet. Unless the wood versions are different?

As far as the pictures, yours are small because you uploaded them directly to TOTV. After you had them online in your post, when I posted them they became big. Normally to get big pictures right away, you have to have them online with a third party website. I use my Facebook page since it's free, you could use your photo gallery here on TOTV or any third party site, or you can also copy any photo that's already online, like I copied yours. Right click the mouse on the photo and select 'copy image address'. Then when you're writing a post on TOTV, click on the postcard image in the toolbar, and paste the address and click OK.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:05 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you John,
Yup, you would probably want to take up the outdoor carpet, which should not be too bad. The wooden ones would allow the water to go through. They look great, but my concern would be fading and the need to re-stain down the road if or when they started to fade. The plastic ones served my purpose. Also, thank you for the tip on pictures....I used to use photo bucket years ago but I think they started charging, etc. I wish you could just "drag and drop"....Thanks! Frank D.
Old 02-12-2021, 12:28 PM

Sunlight causes significant damage to epoxy
Old 02-13-2021, 09:40 PM
Default Yes I have

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsJayhawkers View Post
We are getting our garage floor epoxied next week and we have a small lanai (10x12). I was wondering if anyone has epoxied their lanai floor, and if so, would you recommend it over tile?
We had it epoxied and a design. Love it
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	14A2CA57-84AF-4D91-BE90-3D534A0BDFB0.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	88165  
Closed Thread

Tags
lanai, epoxied, floor, recommend, wondering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.