Anyone ever use "Driven by Scott" for transportation to MCO?

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2021, 09:14 AM
Default Anyone ever use "Driven by Scott" for transportation to MCO?

Looking for round trip transportation to MCO from Monarch Grove. Yes, we checked Workman, Groome, and The Village Van. First two companies stop around 11pm (our return flight gets into MCO at 11:30pm), and The Village Airport Van has gotten horrific reviews lately, some regarding reckless driving, so too afraid to us them. We also called Jerry Schwartz (very nice man), but he didn't have any drivers to take us to the airport at the time we needed (5am). Searched the internet, and found "Driven by Scott". Never heard of him, so wanted to reach out and see if anyone had used this company before. Thanks all!
Old 08-01-2021, 11:10 AM
Default Buyer Beware

[QUOTE=Honey64;1969110]Looking for round trip transportation to MCO from Monarch Grove. Yes, we checked Workman, Groome, and The Village Van. First two companies stop around 11pm (our return flight gets into MCO at 11:30pm), and The Village Airport Van has gotten horrific reviews lately, some regarding reckless driving, so too afraid to us them. We also called Jerry Schwartz (very nice man), but he didn't have any drivers to take us to the airport at the time we needed (5am). Searched the internet, and found "Driven by Scott". Never heard of him, so wanted to reach out and see if anyone had used this company

I would not recommend this clown to ANYONE. I called him and he picked right up and seemed very professional. He said he was not in front of his calendar and he would need to get back to me, no worries I’m good. About 8 hours later he sent me a text saying he did not have any availability on the date I requested. He had the day correct but not the month. It was actually a month later so I assume, no worries he will be able to get us back to our home. This is where it gets weird, When he texted me I responded to him within 10 minutes requesting the day/month we needed and he never responded. Then I waited three days and sent a follow up text, still no response, two ads later I called and it went right to voicemail, which is not setup. Buyer beware with this clown.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey64 View Post
Looking for round trip transportation to MCO from Monarch Grove. Yes, we checked Workman, Groome, and The Village Van. First two companies stop around 11pm (our return flight gets into MCO at 11:30pm), and The Village Airport Van has gotten horrific reviews lately, some regarding reckless driving, so too afraid to us them. We also called Jerry Schwartz (very nice man), but he didn't have any drivers to take us to the airport at the time we needed (5am). Searched the internet, and found "Driven by Scott". Never heard of him, so wanted to reach out and see if anyone had used this company before. Thanks all!
What’s wrong with driving yourself?
Old 08-01-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey64 View Post
Looked up Florida Div of Corporations, it doesn't appear he is a registered livery service=NO COMMERCIAL INS= RUN! Did you try Dave's Airport Transportation that is only on NextDoor Neighbor Website? They don't have a separate website per the owner because NDN built his business into a 16 car private service, they are registered with Florida and they even posted their insurance on their NDN business page, great reviews. 352-223-4696. If you google, you'll get some shuttle service in Stuart, Fla which is not them, the one over here is not a shuttle. Good luck
Old 08-02-2021, 11:00 AM
Sage

We've used Dave's Airport Trans. several times but be prepared to be disappointed when you call. I called six weeks in advance and all his drivers were booked for the needed dates.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Workman's Transportation is operating again...we always had excellent service with them going back and forth to MCO
Old 08-02-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
We've used Dave's Airport Trans. several times but be prepared to be disappointed when you call. I called six weeks in advance and all his drivers were booked for the needed dates.
I guess that some time slots sell out, it happened to me but they put me on their waitlist and low and behold, I guess a persons airline changed their flight which opened up a car for the time I was needing. The owner of Dave's Airport Transportation said reservations are up nearly 3 times the normal rate this year because everyone was getting shots and going to see family like we were. Still the best service in town in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM0715 View Post
I guess that some time slots sell out, it happened to me but they put me on their waitlist and low and behold, I guess a persons airline changed their flight which opened up a car for the time I was needing. The owner of Dave's Airport Transportation said reservations are up nearly 3 times the normal rate this year because everyone was getting shots and going to see family like we were. Still the best service in town in my opinion.
When Dave sold out I called Rayne Rankin on a tip from someone on Next Door, I think. What a great guy. A native of Wildwood, FL and years-long resident of Houston, which made us kindred spirits, so to speak. He graciously accommodated our after-midnight flight after an exasperating day with SW Air yesterday. 352-454-8659.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
When Dave sold out I called Rayne Rankin on a tip from someone on Next Door, I think. What a great guy. A native of Wildwood, FL and years-long resident of Houston, which made us kindred spirits, so to speak. He graciously accommodated our after-midnight flight after an exasperating day with SW Air yesterday. 352-454-8659.
Carla, this is hearsay from one of my neighbors but her husband asked to see his commercial insurance just like we did when we looked into Dave's a couple years ago. Dave's actually have theirs posted on their business page on NDN, but when my girlfriends husband wanted to see Rayne's, he "suddenly" wasn't available and said no-one ever asks him to see it. Major flag if you ask my husband, he researched and found that there isn't even a registered company with Florida named Rayne's Limo Service?? Be careful and have a good flight.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

For one way trips to MCO we rent a car in TV, and drive ourselves.
Allways on time and never missed flight!
Could be done both ways.
Closed Thread

Tags
mco, airport, van, village, transportation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.