Anyone fit two cars and a golf cart in a 2 car garage?

Closed Thread
Old 10-31-2018, 04:35 AM
Veteran member
Default Anyone fit two cars and a golf cart in a 2 car garage?

We’re considering upgrading a bit mainly for a larger 2 car garage as we have the 1.5 now. The 2.5 would be ideal but it is a little over our price range while we keep our place up north. I realize that there are some differences in the sizes of the 2 car garages so we are looking at the larger ones, oversize if possible. We have a Subaru Outback and a Jeep Wrangler 2 door. The Subaru is used mainly for driving down from RI (damn dog) so the cart golf would be behind the Subaru. We will be doing all of our measurements before we commit but I was just wondering if others are doing this and how it is working out.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

We are always looking at garage sizes on the different houses. I believe one of the largest standard 2 car garage is in the Citrus model. It is a pretty reasonably priced house for a designer.
Old 10-31-2018, 05:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
We are always looking at garage sizes on the different houses. I believe one of the largest standard 2 car garage is in the Citrus model. It is a pretty reasonably priced house for a designer.
I did a search on the Citrus and that is a large garage. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:01 AM
fw102807

We can't do it because ours is stuffed with tools but I have seen it done with the golf cart parked sideways in back.

Last edited by fw102807; 10-31-2018 at 06:09 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
I did a search on the Citrus and that is a large garage. Thanks for the info.
Bruce, I own an Iris in Fenney and have a 2 car plus golf cart garage that I extended out 15 feet. I can easily fit our 3 cars plus two bikes plus all my tools and a workbench in the garage.

No interest in a golf cart at this point.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 10-31-2018, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,503 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When considering a home here, remember our garage is also our basement. Everyone has things we need to store other than cars. We have hobbies and holidays.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,587 Times in 5,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucernelson View Post
We’re considering upgrading a bit mainly for a larger 2 car garage as we have the 1.5 now. The 2.5 would be ideal but it is a little over our price range while we keep our place up north. I realize that there are some differences in the sizes of the 2 car garages so we are looking at the larger ones, oversize if possible. We have a Subaru Outback and a Jeep Wrangler 2 door. The Subaru is used mainly for driving down from RI (damn dog) so the cart golf would be behind the Subaru. We will be doing all of our measurements before we commit but I was just wondering if others are doing this and how it is working out.
In my opinion, the trend is that most people want a 2 car garage and a golf cart garage. Buying a house with only a 2 car garage will seriously affect the ability to resell the house. Also, you may be able to cram a golf cart into a 2 car garage, but it won't be very functional.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

I would save for a model with a two car plus golf cart...you won't regret it
Old 10-31-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have a rental home with an oversized garage. Over size in depth and a couple feet in width.

I have had my extended cab Tundra, a car and two golf carts in that garage. The one behind the Tundra was sideways. But they all fit and you could still walk through it.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:02 AM

My golf cart is parked sideways in the back. It works for us because we only use it for golf. I have to take the car out every time we need the cart.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

EDIT: SORRY! I misread your OP. I thought you already had a 1 1/2 and wanted to enlarge it. Now I realize you are looking to replace the home not just expand the garage so my post is really not relevant.

We are in the final construction phase of enlarging our garage from 1 1/2 to 2 car. About 75% done. Putting 2 carts + car in it would be very difficult due to the fact the way the A/C system is in the back of 1 side of the garage. If the A/C wasn't there it could be don one behind the other. I REALLY had preferred a golf cart garage but due to the property setbacks there was no room to do that. It would have been a lot cheaper for sure.

Here are some photos of the process: Dropbox - Garage - Simplify your life

Just to add ..... get LOTS of bids. Had over $10,000 variation in bids over 4 contractors.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 10-31-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

The size of the second car has to be taken into consideration.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:48 PM
Platinum member

We have an extended 2 car (4’ extra on the right side) garage.
We fit 2 Lexus SUVs and 2 golf carts.
The only problem is you have to move the car to get the cart out.

The only reason we bought our house was it was the model we wanted and has a beautiful lake view.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
EDIT: SORRY! I misread your OP. I thought you already had a 1 1/2 and wanted to enlarge it. Now I realize you are looking to replace the home not just expand the garage so my post is really not relevant.

We are in the final construction phase of enlarging our garage from 1 1/2 to 2 car. About 75% done. Putting 2 carts + car in it would be very difficult due to the fact the way the A/C system is in the back of 1 side of the garage. If the A/C wasn't there it could be don one behind the other. I REALLY had preferred a golf cart garage but due to the property setbacks there was no room to do that. It would have been a lot cheaper for sure.

Here are some photos of the process: Dropbox - Garage - Simplify your life

Just to add ..... get LOTS of bids. Had over $10,000 variation in bids over 4 contractors.

OMG!!! That was a lot of work for 3 feet looking at the pix. Excellent lesson for folks. Buy a big garage in the first place!
Old 10-31-2018, 03:57 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,323 Times in 1,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
When considering a home here, remember our garage is also our basement. Everyone has things we need to store other than cars. We have hobbies and holidays.
Gracie, when we purchased we chose a 4 bedroom model with a stretched garage and one of the bedrooms is considered our basement LOL. Our garage is full and at this point I wish we had an 8 car garage but that ain't gonna happen. Back to OP, there are lots of people down here parking golf cars sideways behind a smaller car in 2 car garages.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, subaru, garage, cart, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.