Anyone gone to get a haircut?

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 07:27 AM

Yes ..my husband and I got hairs yesterday at Cals in Colony shopping area.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:32 AM

Yes. I felt Cals processed the situation very well. The stylist are very fervent about sanitizing their stations and wearing a mask. I wore my mask.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:49 AM

Yes, went well. We both wore masks. And shower curtains between barber chairs.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todayscoolfacts View Post
I've been hesitant to go out to a barber shop. Has anyone gone to get their hair done? How is the whole process? Do you feel like masks are enough?
I went Tuesday to Urban Hair Studio. Stylists and hair wash gals wear masks. Each patron had to wear a mask. No changing into a smock for those getting color. Only one patron at a time at hair stations. So I had color done and was the only patron for my stylist until I left about 1 and 1/2 hours later. I had to hold my mask in place the whole time unless you have a disposable mask which can get dirty and be thrown away. They also had big air purifier machines near each station upstairs ( not sure what the downstairs operation looked like) and they sanitize the entire chair and work area before the next person. Some stylists had patron wait in car and would text them when to come inside. My stylist was outside waiting for me. Felt safe enough to make 3 more appointments! Oh and there were no extra chairs , magazines or coffee.
Old 05-14-2020, 07:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,139 Times in 882 Posts

I was wondering if this virus might bring the "hippie" days back where everyone lets their hair grow!
Old 05-14-2020, 08:06 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,202 Times in 464 Posts

Could not get through to Cals in Brownwood and when I finally did my hairdresser will not be returning until the end of June. Looks like I will be going someplace else to get my hair cut. Maybe the hairdresser should be looking for a different kind of job If she will not cut hair. Hermit?
Old 05-14-2020, 08:34 AM
Default Nope

Quote:
I've been hesitant to go out to a barber shop. Has anyone gone to get their hair done? How is the whole process? Do you feel like masks are enough?
I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE to go to my hair stylist. Because of the virus or health concerns? Heck no. I gave myself a haircut not to long ago. I did such a crappy job I'm utterly embarrassed to go at this time. Maybe in a month or so when my hair grows back to a point where it hides most of the evidence of the less than desirable self mutilation. Otherwise, I would have been there already.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:55 AM

Cal's Barber is by appointment only....they are cleaning each chair and cuttery before and after each customer. The barber's are wearing masks. Upon entering you wash your hands with sanitizer and upon leaving. I felt very safe and comfortable while getting my hair cut.
Old 05-14-2020, 09:07 AM

I went to Cal's LSL late Monday without an appointment and they fit me in with a 15 minute wait. They had me sanitize my hands soon as I walked in. I removed my mask to facilitate the haircut. All the stylists wore masks and sprayed down the chairs after each cut. I was very satisfied and felt perfectly safe. I also tipped very well.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:11 AM
Default FLOWBEE! they laughed - but not now

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Went to Cal's in Brownwood, hand sanitizer provided for customers, masks were REQUIRED for customers, barbers wore masks and gloves, did not get my neck shaved, not sure if this was due to the new barber or if this was not being offered, I forgot to ask. it was suggested that you make an appointment, but it appeared you could do standby. I was satisfied with their approach.
I bought a flowbee back in 2011 and use it to touch up my haircut. I use to go see my barber occasionally for edge work because wifey did not like doing that to her man. check it out ! a real hoot -- https://www.flowbee.com/
It works pretty well !
WATCH Man gets a FLOWBEE Haircut - YouTube
Old 05-14-2020, 11:49 AM
Default I dont understand

Quote:
What is this thing you call hair ?
Old 05-14-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Could not get through to Cals in Brownwood and when I finally did my hairdresser will not be returning until the end of June. Looks like I will be going someplace else to get my hair cut. Maybe the hairdresser should be looking for a different kind of job If she will not cut hair. Hermit?
Go to Cal's LSL, call for appt. they have many regular barbers and stylist who are working.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Maybe she needs extra time for child care or parental care. Or maybe was exposed and is self isolating for your protection.
Good for you, not caring how your stylist is surviving, and needed more time to return.
Old 05-14-2020, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
A barber/hairdresser uses their fingers as a tool for cutting and styling hair. I would not expect a hair stylist or barber to wear gloves. I would, however, expect them to either wash their hands or use hand sanitizer between every patron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Went to Cal's in Brownwood, hand sanitizer provided for customers, masks were REQUIRED for customers, barbers wore masks and gloves,
Yes, as I had said I agree on the hand sanitizer being sufficient. HOWEVER I disagree on gloves hampering their artistry. Many of them do wear gloves. Some at Cals do, some where my wife goes do and some I have seen on television specifically in Georgia do. It is partially to protect THEM as well as you. Not really sure why FOR MOST PARTS OF A MEN'S CUT they need their bare fingers. For men's hair they use the "buzzer" machine and scissors. To cut shorter they put the lengths of hair between their covered fingers. I really don't think it would be an "artistic" problem with the 10 minute "mostly machined" men's haircuts they give around here other than for personal comfort to use thin nitrile gloves.

After all SURGEONS USE THEM and they are cutting you opened and gloves certainly don't hamper their work style.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Yes, as I had said I agree on the hand sanitizer being sufficient. HOWEVER I disagree on gloves hampering their artistry. Many of them do wear gloves. Some at Cals do, some where my wife goes do and some I have seen on television specifically in Georgia do. It is partially to protect THEM as well as you. Not really sure why FOR MOST PARTS OF A MEN'S CUT they need their bare fingers. For men's hair they use the "buzzer" machine and scissors. To cut shorter they put the lengths of hair between their covered fingers. I really don't think it would be an "artistic" problem with the 10 minute "mostly machined" men's haircuts they give around here other than for personal comfort to use thin nitrile gloves.

After all SURGEONS USE THEM and they are cutting you opened and gloves certainly don't hamper their work style.
You have a point there.

Tags
masks, feel, process, hair, shop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.