Anyone gone to get a haircut?

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2020, 10:44 PM

Wow... rude!
Old 05-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Maybe the hairdresser you think should be a hermit has health problems, maybe a family member has one or she at this present time feels uncomfortable around an older population that’s has been more prone to get sick , think how you might feel at a certain age having to come in and service a lot my line of strangers everyday
Old 05-23-2020, 10:50 AM

Missouri hairstylist exposes 91 people to coronavirus.

Of course, the issue is when you get a haircut, you are exposed to both the hairstylist and ever other customer that hairstylist has been worked with in the previous 2-3 weeks. Both she and her customers and co-workers were wearing masks. It will be an interesting case study on the effectiveness of masks, hopefully the masks did the job.

Missouri hairstylist with coronavirus worked while symptomatic - CNN
Old 05-23-2020, 07:07 PM

Really like the guy that cuts my hair, but very disappointed in the total lack of safe practices when I visited this week. No distancing markings in the waiting area, No instruction / offer to wait outside for notification, barber chair with another customer sitting in it about 5 feet away. Neither barber wearing a mask, No obvious sanitizing of equipment after each customer, chairs were brushed off with the apron to remove hair from last customer, then same apron put on me with just a little strip of tissue between it and my neck. I requested my barber don a mask, and he complied, but that was the only thing different there than normal. I would have walked out except my hair was way past due and I didn't want to cause a scene. They are nice people, but I will not willingly be subjected to that lack of attention to sanitation ever again (assuming I live long enough to need another haircut).
I may call and give them a chance to shape up and get with the sanitation program because their work is good. If I call now they will have plenty of time to change the way their NOT seeming to care about the guidelines. Please do not ask me for the name of the barber or the shop as I do not want to see them shut down if they have clients who are OK with things the way they are now. I felt I had been exposed to dangerous conditions by a "friend" ? This place is not CAL's but from the favorable comments above, Cal's may have to be my choice for the next haircut.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

It's bound to happen...

Missouri hairstylist with coronavirus worked while symptomatic - CNN

A hairstylist worked while symptomatic and exposed 91 people to coronavirus

(CNN)A hairstylist with coronavirus worked for eight days this month while symptomatic, exposing as many as 91 customers and coworkers in Missouri, health officials said.

In this instance, the 84 customers exposed got services from the hairstylist at Great Clips, said Clay Goddard, director of the Springfield-Greene County Health Department. In addition to the customers, seven coworkers were also notified of exposure.
It's unclear when the stylist tested positive but the infection is believed to have happened while traveling. The stylist worked May 12 through Wednesday, health officials said Friday. At the time, businesses such as barbershops and hair salons were allowed to operate in the state.

"The individual and their clients were wearing face coverings. The 84 clients potentially directly exposed will be notified by the Health Department and be offered testing, as will seven coworkers," the Springfield-Greene County Health Department said in a statement. "It is the hope of the department that because face coverings were worn throughout this exposure timeline, no additional cases will result."

Goddard did not provide details on the identity or the condition of the stylist. He said health officials have reached out to the people who were exposed, adding that the hairstylist had kept impeccable records that made contact tracing possible.

But he cautioned about the risks of overwhelming resources.
"I'm gong to be honest with you: We can't have many more of these," he said at a news conference. "We can't make this a regular habit or our capabilities as a community will be strained."

Health officials provided a detailed timeline of all the places the stylist visited, including a local Dairy Queen, a Walmart and a CVS pharmacy.
They urged those who may have gone to those places to be on the lookout for coronavirus symptoms.

Goddard said he was pleased with the deep cleaning measures taken by Great Clips, adding that he now considers the business safe.

"The wellbeing of Great Clips customers and stylists in the salon is our top priority and proper sanitization has always been an important cosmetology industry practice for Great Clips salons. We've closed the salon where the employee works and it's currently undergoing additional sanitizing and deep cleaning," the owners of the business said in a statement to CNN affiliate KYTV.

More than 96,000 people have died from coronavirus in the United States, where the number of confirmed cases is over 1.6 million, according to Johns Hopkins. Missouri has nearly 12,000 cases of infections and more than 600 deaths
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, feel, process, hair, shop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.