Anyone have House Elec Air Cleaner?

Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2017, 09:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Anyone have House Elec Air Cleaner?

Ever since the heating season began last week, my sinuses and allergies have spiked. Time to research an install of whole-house electronic air cleaners. We have a Munns-installed Carrier AC/HeatPump system, 4 years old. Before I call them for estimate etc, thought I'd question the fine folks here>

1. Type of Air Cleaner installed in AC system
2. Happy with performance et al
3. Who installed and approx cost
Old 12-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I'm hoping for an answer as well. Our house is so dusty (2011, same heating/AC type as yours). We were told by Sun Kool that there is not an air cleaner as such like we've had on our gas furnaces up north. They mentioned some kind of filter for $1000 that you could put on the current system that filters out particles down to a certain size. It is supposed to be for allergy sufferers, but they thought it would remove a good deal of the dust that we have.

I'm wondering if anyone has this filter and if so, does it work well.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:50 AM

The 4" filter and rack costs less than $100. The other $900 is for installation.
Honeywell F100F2010 Media Air Cleaner 20in Filter x 25in Filter
Old 12-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Veteran member

Lenox 'PureAir" electronic air filter installed 3 years ago by SunKool for $1,298. Works great...even removes cooking odors. It has a very thick (4") physical filter, 2 UV bulbs and electrostatic filter. While we don't have doctor-diagnosed allergies, we feel much better and there's way less dust. Chose this system after research and price comparison. Filters replaced annually, bulbs less often.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Veteran member

We had Sunshine install a Carrier Infinity Air Purifier. Infinity Air Purifier GAPAB | Carrier – Home Comfort

My wife is sensitive to dust and pollen and it help a lot.

When Sunshine installed it they went up into the attic and sealed all the joints in the air ducts so that dust wouldn't leak in through them.

The unit itself is a MERV 15 air filter which is about as high as you can go. It has a thick filter and also does electronic zapping to kill germs.

Downside is the filter are expansive, about $60 installed. But the results for us are worth it. We change the filter every 6 months.
Closed Thread

Tags
air, installed, system, cleaner, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.