Anyone have an Iris home security system?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Default Anyone have an Iris home security system?

Looked at these at Lowe's, and there seems to be a lot to recommend in a non-commercially-monitored security system: broadband driven, smart phone controlled, lots of hardware options. However, on-line reviews (Amazon, others) express concerns about the overall stability of the system - software and communications especially, it seems. Would be interested in any experiences here. (This question was posed here more than a year ago, with no replies. Hope there may be more users now.)
Old 02-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,019 Times in 310 Posts

Why would you want to get a non-monitored system? Don't depend on your neighbors to hear your alarm and call the police.

Look at a company online called SimpliSafe Home Security Systems - monitoring starts at $19.99/mo. No, I don't work for them, I've just researched systems for our home. It is DIY, but it is wireless and looks very simple to install.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.
Old 02-02-2015, 08:42 PM
Gold member

Ditto SimpliSafe.... Excellent system and highly touted. I have had it for a year now and no issues. Easy to expand as much as you like. Figure about $350 for the equipment. Like the post above I did my research. Don't go with a Big Box Store. If you want cameras you will need to go with something like Samsung or D-Link which is what I am going to install.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.