Anyone have a "spare" golf car that seats 4 for rent for the weekend?

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2018, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts
Default Anyone have a "spare" golf car that seats 4 for rent for the weekend?

MODS: Please don't move this to the "golf-cart" section because no one will see it!

I tried ALL the "usual sources" with no luck. My cart only seats 2. Looking to rent one that will seat 4 for tomorrow - (SAT) through MONDAY. Daughter and S-I-L coming down from up north for the first time and want to show them the "true experience." Don't want anther 2-seater because we want to give them the talking tour and be together

The "big 4" are quite reasonable in price but have nothing left. Also tried the little guys but due to season and holiday weekend all gone.

Worse case we'll take the car but prefer the G.C. experience.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

One downside of the 4 seat (unless all seats face forward) is for those that ride backwards miss the experience. You want to give them the experience but they either have to contort to see what you are talking about or see where they were, not where they are going. We did that once, never again. We have two two seater's and when family or guests come, if we can't get a forward facing 4 seat (or larger), we take the two carts, better conversation and sight line.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-16-2018, 11:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
[B]...My cart only seats 2. Looking to rent one that will seat 4 for tomorrow - (SAT) through MONDAY. Daughter and S-I-L coming down from up north for the first time and want to show them the "true experience." Don't want anther 2-seater because we want to give them the talking tour and be together

The "big 4" are quite reasonable in price but have nothing left. Also tried the little guys but due to season and holiday weekend all gone.

Worse case we'll take the car but prefer the G.C. experience.
You know why you haven't gotten any real replies? Think about what your asking. Nobody's personal golf cart insurance is going to cover a third party rental. They're going to have to take out a separate policy with about $300K in liability insurance on your behalf and the price will make it prohibitive for what you would have to pay.

Of course you could find the uninformed fool that will rent you his cart and hopefully you won't have an accident that is your fault, or one that has to be defended in court against Attorney Dan Newlin.

The smart move would be to go to Lake Sumter Villages Golf Cars and rent one of those 80 white golf carts sitting in the parking lot behind City Furniture for $10 a day apiece and have them follow you.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-17-2018, 08:04 AM
Default Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You know why you haven't gotten any real replies? Think about what your asking. Nobody's personal golf cart insurance is going to cover a third party rental. They're going to have to take out a separate policy with about $300K in liability insurance on your behalf and the price will make it prohibitive for what you would have to pay.

Of course you could find the uninformed fool that will rent you his cart and hopefully you won't have an accident that is your fault, or one that has to be defended in court against Attorney Dan Newlin.

The smart move would be to go to Lake Sumter Villages Golf Cars and rent one of those 80 white golf carts sitting in the parking lot behind City Furniture for $10 a day apiece and have them follow you.

The Villages Florida
Very good post and all shd realize this applies to all friends and neighbors you lend your cart to
Old 02-17-2018, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post

The Villages Florida

#1) Had you actually READ my post it clearly stated that "The "big 4" are quite reasonable in price but have nothing left. Also tried the little guys but due to season and holiday weekend all gone."

#2) I did find some "gentleman" who is going to loan me one.

#3) All the insurance quoters in all these threads regarding golf cart insurance and liability are going to be in for a big surprise. Other than damage to his cart which I would more than likely be responsible for my homeowners policy and umbrella policy covers me for personal liability up to $1million in any vehicle.

#4) as a general statement regarding cart insurance which maybe even the "all knowing" people might not be aware of is that if your cart is even CAPABLE of exceeding 20MPH (which 99% of them here do) and you have an accident your insurance can tell you "f' off, we ain't paying" because what you insured was not a golf cart but a LSV. So probably 99% of cart owners better check their insurance provider.

Have a great day. I Gotta go get the cart now.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

I hope the “gentleman “ also has an umbrella policy, if they can’t Get the $ from you he is next in line.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

John W - I'll bet you're glad you tried to help out. I think your post was well intended. People don't always want to hear the truth or that they are wrong.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Is now a good time to start the no fault conversation ? "And least surprisingly, that Villagers so easily tip the scale with the highest IQs, most pleasing appearance, and best sense of humor" Zmarkp. "The sun is shining let's turn those umbrellas upside down" me.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
John W - I'll bet you're glad you tried to help out. I think your post was well intended. People don't always want to hear the truth or that they are wrong.
Help without condescending insults is always appreciated as is SOP on these fora. My late mother always taught me there are ways to carry on a conversation and/or give advice without sounding like a ....... never mind.

Issue resolved , unsubscribing from and requesting thread be closed.

73's

Last edited by EdFNJ; 02-17-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
One downside of the 4 seat (unless all seats face forward) is for those that ride backwards miss the experience. You want to give them the experience but they either have to contort to see what you are talking about or see where they were, not where they are going. We did that once, never again. We have two two seater's and when family or guests come, if we can't get a forward facing 4 seat (or larger), we take the two carts, better conversation and sight line.

100% true ... that was my original intent when I tried to rent but unfortunately nothing (2 or 4 seat) is available for the time period when I need it. Snowbirds, holiday weekend and Daytona 500 this weekend all contributing to the shortage according to all the the dealers big and small I contacted.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Help without condescending insults is always appreciated as is SOP on these fora. My late mother always taught me there are ways to carry on a conversation and/or give advice without sounding like a ....... never mind.

Issue resolved , unsubscribing from and requesting thread be closed.

73's
Sorry but I didn't see his post as condescending or insulting. I really felt he was trying to be helpful. Maybe I'm wrong.

Best regards to you as well.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I thought John was trying to help, too.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

The use of "gentleman" seemed to be a bit of an insult.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

John was trying to be helpful. He always posts in a good way.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
John was trying to be helpful. He always posts in a good way.
He was far more considerate and polite than the OP.
Closed Thread

Tags
experience, car, seats, rent, weekend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.