Anyone have trouble with The Villages Samsung appliance Warranty service?

Closed Thread
Old 10-26-2020, 03:14 PM
Default Anyone have trouble with The Villages Samsung appliance Warranty service?

Our new home has all Samsung appliances and the microwave started giving us an error warning. The Warranty department says contact Samsung.

The first call to Samsung a couple weeks ago and they gave us a four hour window for service. Nobody came and now call or even email. I call and they said someone will look into it within 48 hours. Still nothing. Contacted them by chat today and they told us it’s assigned to Lake’s Electronics out of Pompano beach and they should contact us within 48 hours. I looked up reviews for that company and they have horrible reviews. I called Samsung to see if it can be assigned to another company and they said no.
I can’t believe I haven’t heard of this problem before.
Anyone else have this issue? Thanks
Old 10-26-2020, 05:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

What is the code and the Model Number of the Microwave? Maybe it's something simple.
Old 10-26-2020, 05:52 PM

Major problems even trying to get a service call SCHEDULED with Samsung>>Lake's. Long holds, hangups, then finally scheduled...no one showed here, either! Have another one scheduled. My warranty expires next week (1 year). If this one falls through, I'm going to raise holy "heck"! This is so beneath the standards set by the developer, mustn't be allowed to continue!
Old 10-26-2020, 05:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,743 Posts

From our past experience with Samsung appliances is that we consider them as strictly disposable. When they work they are great and when they don’t, out they go. We do not buy Samsung because of our past experience with their warranty service. The only thing we buy is their TVs.
Old 10-26-2020, 06:38 PM
Veteran member

Can't say that I'm impressed with the Samsung appliances in our new home. They must have got an exceptional deal for such low quality merchandise. Velvet is right, best to consider them "disposable" and plan on replacing them in the very near future.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:27 PM
Gold member

Yes, we had horrible service with Lakes Electronics just prior to COVID, trying to get our brand new Samsung dishwasher serviced. As stated in an above post, on hold, hang up calls, no show......I was furious, called our realtor, who reached out to the builder and the issue was resolved immediately. It was an issue that should have been fixed prior to closing. we got a new dishwasher through The Villages. Two months later I had an issue with my brand new gas stove, a gas burner would not light; the stove was pristine so no clogs. When I reached out to Samsung and was told Lakes would be out I could not believe they were still using them for repairs. I told Samsung I wanted another vendor and that Lakes was horrible. Samsung stated they were the only vendor for The Villages. Hence, the next day Lakes called and made an appt for the following Tuesday. That Monday Lakes did call, stated part was not in but they would call when it arrived. No call came but fortunately my husband was around the following Tuesday and tech showed up stating we had an appt, which we did not but were grateful he arrived. He assessed the situation and said new part needed, he would be out the next day. Next day came and he arrived, stove works great. I think I heard The Villages is going to GE now? If so, suspect it could be because of this vendor and lack of repairs services for The Villages.
Old 10-26-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
what is the code and the model number of the microwave? Maybe it's something simple.
c-10
Old 10-26-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
What is the code and the Model Number of the Microwave? Maybe it's something simple.
And model # me21m706bas
Old 10-26-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
Yes, we had horrible service with Lakes Electronics just prior to COVID, trying to get our brand new Samsung dishwasher serviced. As stated in an above post, on hold, hang up calls, no show......I was furious, called our realtor, who reached out to the builder and the issue was resolved immediately. It was an issue that should have been fixed prior to closing. we got a new dishwasher through The Villages. Two months later I had an issue with my brand new gas stove, a gas burner would not light; the stove was pristine so no clogs. When I reached out to Samsung and was told Lakes would be out I could not believe they were still using them for repairs. I told Samsung I wanted another vendor and that Lakes was horrible. Samsung stated they were the only vendor for The Villages. Hence, the next day Lakes called and made an appt for the following Tuesday. That Monday Lakes did call, stated part was not in but they would call when it arrived. No call came but fortunately my husband was around the following Tuesday and tech showed up stating we had an appt, which we did not but were grateful he arrived. He assessed the situation and said new part needed, he would be out the next day. Next day came and he arrived, stove works great. I think I heard The Villages is going to GE now? If so, suspect it could be because of this vendor and lack of repairs services for The Villages.
I reported it to the Villages warranty department and Erika Ramsey a warranty coordinator gave me a generic response, basically “sucks to be you” thanks Erika
Old 10-26-2020, 09:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

You all think YOU have problems with Samsung? Check out this Facebook group (I think you have to sign up to see it). It's about more than refrigerators. Lots of good info to get them to replace or refund without waiting for an appointment. One of the problems of living out here in "the sticks" is lack of authorized service folks who are less than an hour or three away. I have one of their dud refrigerators we bought when we moved here 3 yrs ago. SAMSUNG REFRIGERATOR RECALL U.S.A. NOW Public Group | Facebook
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
And model # me21m706bas
I looked it up on YouTube and it says to disconnect a wire behind the grill and then put everything back together and give it a shot. It that doesn't work they say it's the MotherBoard.

Stick with the Warranty Dept. You won't get any satisfaction out of the YouTube fix. Good Luck. Sorry for your trouble.

The same thing just happened to me on a Stove after a lightning strike about a hundred feet away from the house.
Old 10-27-2020, 04:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
I reported it to the Villages warranty department and Erika Ramsey a warranty coordinator gave me a generic response, basically “sucks to be you” thanks Erika
Yes, I got the same response from the Warranty Department.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:07 AM
Veteran member

TV should be buying American.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:33 AM

Have had a whole kitchen full of Samsung for 10 years now. Best Fridge we have ever had. A burner element went out on the cook top and that was a not expensive quick fix by local guy Dave's Appliance repair.
Old 10-27-2020, 06:14 AM
Default New to The Villages

I have been trying to get my six appliances registered for six (6) weeks. Now they are registered and the warranty dates are wrong and expired. Their customer service by email, phone... stinks! The worst I have ever seen. I think they should change the name from Customer Service to No Service Here.
Closed Thread

Tags
samsung, call, company, assigned, reviews

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.