Anyone have trouble with The Villages Samsung appliance Warranty service?

Closed Thread
Old 10-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
No.. i have a choice home warrenty that covers everything in my home..i call, they come.
Can you give us more info on your warranty? TIA

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-28-2020, 02:26 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
From our past experience with Samsung appliances is that we consider them as strictly disposable. When they work they are great and when they don’t, out they go. We do not buy Samsung because of our past experience with their warranty service. The only thing we buy is their TVs.
Interesting, that's pretty much our story. Always Samsung phones, phones always last forever, have Note 9's right now and probably will outlast our desire for the latest camera and such. Also, TV's have been outstanding. Other household appliances, NEVER again is the decision. SHOULD have stuck with that after the washer and dryer, terrible, never do it thinking "well, just because that ONE person had a problem".... no, son's new VERY expensive French door "smart" refrigerator, terrible, and absolutely no service. They will do anything to hold you at bay until the warranty is expired. Write down EVERY call, EVERY name (most won't give them name so they can say "WELL..... WHO did you talk to ?" and you have to say "well they would only give me their first name, James", and then they hang up saying we have hundreds of "James", if you get a last name call back !" Nope, no more Samsung except for phones and TV's.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:43 PM

Same problem with Lake. Dishwasher panel damaged during construction. Just needed it replaced. Two no shows. Third visit, wrong panel. Fourth visit, damaged replacement panel, fifth visit fixed. Repairman was excellent when he finally showed up. Said that they are VERY busy. Home Warranty basically hung me out to dry on that one. They wanted nothing to do with Samsung. My first new home purchase every warranty issue I encountered was handled perfectly.
The worst part of Lake is the schedulers are in India.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpd3062 View Post
Our new home has all Samsung appliances and the microwave started giving us an error warning. The Warranty department says contact Samsung.

The first call to Samsung a couple weeks ago and they gave us a four hour window for service. Nobody came and now call or even email. I call and they said someone will look into it within 48 hours. Still nothing. Contacted them by chat today and they told us it’s assigned to Lake’s Electronics out of Pompano beach and they should contact us within 48 hours. I looked up reviews for that company and they have horrible reviews. I called Samsung to see if it can be assigned to another company and they said no.
I can’t believe I haven’t heard of this problem before.
Anyone else have this issue? Thanks
Yes, I’m having the exact same problem.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:40 AM

The solution for almost every code is to unplug for 30 seconds. They don't want to send a tech for that.

Code list:

Samsung Oven Error Codes | Troubleshooting and Manuals
Old 11-03-2020, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacScuba View Post
The solution for almost every code is to unplug for 30 seconds. They don't want to send a tech for that.

Code list:

Samsung Oven Error Codes | Troubleshooting and Manuals
I have unplugged many times
Old 11-03-2020, 04:47 PM
Default Update

I have now called at least .6 or 7 times to Samsung. First they said someone would come but they never showed that afternoon we stayed home. Then they said Lakes electronics would call to set up appointment, no call. Then they said Samsung would look into it and call within 48-72 hours, no call. Then I asked Samsung for a supervisor and they said a supervisor would call me later that same day. Days later,you guessed it. No call. I called today and they said they would send the problem to the "special team". And they will call within 48 hours. We will see. It going on a month now. Hard to believe a major corporation operates this way.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
No.. i have a choice home warrenty that covers everything in my home..i call, they come.
The Choice Home Warranty would not cover this situation. That warranty specifically excludes any appliance that is already covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
Closed Thread

Tags
samsung, call, company, assigned, reviews

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.