Anyone here from Summerhill in The Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Default Anyone here from Summerhill in The Villages?

HI , JUST MOVED DOWN FROM NORWALK, CT. HOW DO YOU LIKE LIVING IN OR NEAR THE SUMMERHILL AREA OF THE VILLAGES? IM NOT HERE FULL TIME AND I WONDER IF I WOULD BE ACCEPTED IN SOME OF THE CLUBS, MEETINGS SPORTS ETC./?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Default Tiger

Can anyone tell me how to get on the web cam for the villages? Tiger
Old 06-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGER View Post
Can anyone tell me how to get on the web cam for the villages? Tiger
Try this link for the Spanish Springs cam. http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/cam_ss.asp

If it comes back saying that you need active X installed there should be a blue bar at the top of the window and you can click on that to install. I just looked at the cam and it is pointed at a car across the street and not on the square.

Once you see the SS web cam just click on Lake Sumter Landing and you will be directed to that web cam.

Yes as a resident even though only part time you will be welcome and all events and activities.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Veteran member

The easiest way for me to view the webcams is to click on the current temperature on The Villages homepage. The temperature is located in the upper right hand corner.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs up I live in Summerhill

and love it!! We picked out our lot in 2003 and our house was completed in 2004. We closed and moved in that February and are full-timers. We have seen a lot of changes since then, too. I love that so much is so handy to us...Southern Trace shopping, banks, restaurants, etc. We have great neighbors and try to be the same. I have no desire to live anywhere else in TV. Welcome! Give me a shout on here anytime....maybe we can get together. I'll be happy to help you anyway I can.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Summerhill is not that far from us...or anyone in TV.

Welcome to you. We live in Hadley but there is just one place better than the other in The Villages. All Villagers are welcome and can belong to all clubs. Just show up.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-07-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Platinum member

Oh, Tiger, it's always a good idea to visit as many groups and clubs as you can. That way, when your calendar becomes too full to cope with, you'll have a better idea of whom to cut!

Not a bad idea, either, to bring enough BYO to treat the rest of the crowd!

If you don't love it here, something's definitely wrong!

SWR

Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

We bought in Summerhill back in 2004 and as things turned out, we are now fairly close to EVERYTHING! A great location and nice neighbors.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
and love it!! We picked out our lot in 2003 and our house was completed in 2004. We closed and moved in that February and are full-timers. We have seen a lot of changes since then, too. I love that so much is so handy to us...Southern Trace shopping, banks, restaurants, etc. We have great neighbors and try to be the same. I have no desire to live anywhere else in TV. Welcome! Give me a shout on here anytime....maybe we can get together. I'll be happy to help you anyway I can.
I finally figured out how to answer you.... Ill be back down there in oct. ill try to make the oct. meeting . do you still like the place? tiger
Old 08-03-2009, 12:29 PM

yes, summerhill is nice. ill be back in oct for the oct. meeting. see you there. tiger
Old 08-03-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Oh, Tiger, it's always a good idea to visit as many groups and clubs as you can. That way, when your calendar becomes too full to cope with, you'll have a better idea of whom to cut!

Not a bad idea, either, to bring enough BYO to treat the rest of the crowd!

If you don't love it here, something's definitely wrong!

SWR

hello,
this is tiger . be back in oct. for ther meeting. see you there.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Platinum member
Smile Still Lovin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGER View Post
I finally figured out how to answer you.... Ill be back down there in oct. ill try to make the oct. meeting . do you still like the place? tiger
Hi again,

Glad to hear that you will be here for the October meeting. Yes, we are still here and still love living in Summerhill. I still have no desire to live anywhere else in TV. We are going back to Texas for a reunion and visit the last of September and the first part of October, but plan to be back before meeting time. It's always good to make new friends and Summerhillers are friendly.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Welcome to TV. Honestly, this is the best place and the friendliest place to live. You will be welcome anywhere you want to go or any club or organization you want to join.

By the way, I live in Summerhill and love it.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Default Yes ........

My wife and I moved o Summerhill awhile back. Our 4th move since coming to TV. (We want a place with no snitches and a lot of "do-it-yourselfers" with a "don't ask and I won't tell attitude".) Very quiet around here. My wife plays Mah-Jong and I have my musical groups. Other that and fixing up our house we have little to do with balls of any size, no table or card games, no pools etc. We keep to oiurselves and try never to bother others.
And you never see any old frumpy senior citizens looking out their front window all day with a pad and pencil keeping score of grandkids. That's why we like our tiny little well-knit area.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!

Last edited by SABRMnLgs; 08-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.