Anyone Know a good Locksmith in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Anyone Know a good Locksmith in TV?

Anyone know a good locksmith in/near TV? The batteries for our digital safe must have died during our recent move so the digital keypad does not work. I had two keys to the safe for just such problems, but I can't seem to find my keys. Probably in one of the dozens of boxes I haven't gotten to in the garage. I am sure a decent locksmith could open it in five minutes.

I could probably open it with a crowbar, but I want to try to save the safe.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 11-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

hdh1470 is moving down here permanently soon. He's a locksmith and, from what I've seen, is pretty good and a really nice guy. So, unless you're in a big hurry, I'd talk to him first.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Default Sentry Safe?

If you have a Sentry safe, usually if your batteries die you can replace them from the outside below the combination keys. Call 1-800-828-1438 for their customer service to help you M-F 8-5 EST or send me a note and I'll type the instructions for you from mine to try.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Veteran member

I am not sure who the manufacturer is. On the front panel it says "SACO Digital Electronic Safe", but when I do an internet search for Saco brand safes I can't find anything. Someone on the internet suggested that there are a lot of Asian "knock off" safes flooding the market and this might be one of those.

I did find what I believe is a keycode (or serial number) typed on to a little piece of paper glued right below the key slot (it was hidden behind a plastic panel on the face of the safe), but without knowing how to contact the manufacturer with this code, it doesn't do me much good.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.