Anyone know what this compartment in my refrigerator door is for?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 06:54 AM
Platinum member

Speaking of warm ketchup - in my college days I was a waitress during the summers and in outdoor areas where they kept ketchup on the tables, the ketchup would start to bubble and ferment. Who knows....maybe a new taste sensation?

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 10-21-2014, 07:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
We have the same refrigerator. I've always known that things in the door (freezer or refrigerator) do not stay as cold as things on the shelves so I question Ooper's comment about chilling beverages 4 degrees cooler. I'd like to know where you read that because we don't have the manual. Could it really be cooler because it's right next to the ice maker?

The place in the door is too short to accomodate a bottle of wine. Like anything in this world today, it doesn't matter what something was designed for. If you have a use or better use for something, do it! I use that "hole" for whatever will fit there. Currently, it's a bottle of bar-b-q sauce, but that could change tomorrow depending upon what's for dinner!

I don't keep Worcestershire sauce or even Ketchup (I hate cold ketchup on hot food!) in the refrigerator. You don't have to; check the labels and you'll see I'm right.

I'm a master at loading dishwashers. Years ago I worked for a Whirlpool distributor!
BON. You never cease to amaze me.

I always thought catsup should be cold and never thought about soy sauce. We didn't HAVE soy sauce when I was a kid. I don't think it is German.

I know one thing about designers of refrigerators, they are sadists. Why couldn't they have designed everything to come out and fit in the dishwasher. Have you ever tried to get dried on, glopped on milk spills from the back? Dishwashing stuff doesn't unglue it and your back is killing you very soon from the sideways crouch.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:09 PM

Heck, I'm just trying to get used to the smaller appliances
I dislike them intensely
Old 10-21-2014, 03:05 PM
Gold member

We use it for partially used water bottles. If it is in that slot we know someone has drank some of the water from the bottle.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:47 PM
Sage

As far as I know, the only condiment that needs to be refrigerated is maple syrup (which isn't really a condiment). I do keep Dijon mustard in the fridge because it's expensive. don't think you have to refrigerate pickles, but I like them cold.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 10-22-2014, 10:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
We have the same refrigerator. I've always known that things in the door (freezer or refrigerator) do not stay as cold as things on the shelves so I question Ooper's comment about chilling beverages 4 degrees cooler. I'd like to know where you read that because we don't have the manual. Could it really be cooler because it's right next to the ice maker?

The place in the door is too short to accomodate a bottle of wine. Like anything in this world today, it doesn't matter what something was designed for. If you have a use or better use for something, do it! I use that "hole" for whatever will fit there. Currently, it's a bottle of bar-b-q sauce, but that could change tomorrow depending upon what's for dinner!

I don't keep Worcestershire sauce or even Ketchup (I hate cold ketchup on hot food!) in the refrigerator. You don't have to; check the labels and you'll see I'm right.

I'm a master at loading dishwashers. Years ago I worked for a Whirlpool distributor!
I looked up the manual on the internet and that's what it said that space was for because of the proximity to the freezer. Whether it does what it says it is supposed to do or not, who knows.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Sage

I thought the whole refrigerator was a beer cooler compartment.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.