Anyone live on a preserve??

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Default Anyone live on a preserve??

does anyone live on a preserve?? If you had to do over, would you do it again?? any disadvantages?? would like opinions. thanks!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

Yes, Haciendas of Mission Hills is on a preserve by Live Oaks Park and a lake. Would not live anywhere else!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Yes, Haciendas of Mission Hills is on a preserve by Live Oaks Park and a lake. Would not live anywhere else!
wow so you love it?? is it nice and quiet? any signs of wildlife? any disadvantages at all?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

It can be buggy. AND Birdy and pleasantly spaceful and away from folks.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-12-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:41 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

The birds are amazing, diverse, beautiful. We have not noticed an excess of bugs but we do have a very large birdcage. We love the sound of the frogs and birds at night. The stars and moon are really bright and we have total privacy. A year ago March we had blind mosquitos which are very tiny non biting bugs that came for a few weeks, but we did not have them this year. They are attracted to light so I kept the lights off at night outside and it totally made a difference. We have seen alligators way out swimming in the lake but never near our property. The Sand Cranes are often behind our fence (we are in a villa) and the Blue Herons often hang out. The birds fly in and out of Live Oaks Park which we live next to and it is constant entertainment and relaxation.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
The birds are amazing, diverse, beautiful. We have not noticed an excess of bugs but we do have a very large birdcage. We love the sound of the frogs and birds at night. The stars and moon are really bright and we have total privacy. A year ago March we had blind mosquitos which are very tiny non biting bugs that came for a few weeks, but we did not have them this year. They are attracted to light so I kept the lights off at night outside and it totally made a difference. We have seen alligators way out swimming in the lake but never near our property. The Sand Cranes are often behind our fence (we are in a villa) and the Blue Herons often hang out. The birds fly in and out of Live Oaks Park which we live next to and it is constant entertainment and relaxation.
Jane, I've followed your journey to TV these last couple of years and I'm pleased to hear that you are happy in your new home. What a privilege it is to be so close to nature. I've come to admire your kind demeanor as well.

Heartnsoul, I'm sure living on a preserve can be buggy and yes there are gators and birds but heck, you won't be sitting in the wetlands on your lounge chair, you will be in a birdcage protected but still in the midst of nature; you will never be bored. Rest assured you will not be isolated either, as a matter of fact you can look forward to complaining about all the traffic in your village after it is built up, we all do.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.