Is anyone reading the forum?

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Default Is anyone reading the forum?

WOW...

2 days with no new posts.. whats up :dontknow: ???
Old 02-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Default Re: Is anyone reading the forum?

Sure doesn't appear that the word is getting out does it?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Gold member

Yep, a little slow for sure. Getting the word out is the hard part, forums in general can take awhile to mature. We are working to get the word out and may have some clubs coming in that should add some life and new content. It does surprise me that out of over 300 members and more than 50,000 page views we don't have more people posting. The Villages seem like a very active and modern community.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

Well I will post...lol
dont want ya all gettin teary eyed
anyway....Mardi Gras was fun as usual
lots of great entertainment and laughs

Weather has been so cold...was a delight to wake up to a GORGEOUS pool day
We went to the pool at Orange Blossom Country Club...and wow it was crowded! Lots of folks have company Im sure
Thats pool is by far the prettiest....and from what I hear prices at the TikiBar there for Beer etc are the best

Tomorrow we are heading to Austin Carriage Museum with The Villages PT Cruiser club...should be fun!

I sure wish this forum was more active too.........its a great tool!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:59 AM

I read the forum everyday. While I am "from away", I want to keep up on the developments down in the sunny south ;D :bigthumbsup: My wife and I will be coming down on April 1st. (only 39 days) and we cannot wait. But we can only spend two weeks.... We agree with lovinit, the pool at Orange Blossom is one of the best. We bought our house 2 months after I got back from Iraq and are counting down the days till we can move in full time. Well keep those cards & letters coming.......
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 PM

Hey Lovinit! You mentioned the PT Cruiser Club. How about telling me more about it. I recently purchased a 2005 Dream Series PT Convertable. Great Florida car with lots of Turbo power. 8)

I may be interested in the club. The Village Nomads takes up a lot of my spare time but I may be able to squeeze another pasttime. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinItAtTheVillages
Well I will post...lol
dont want ya all gettin teary eyed
anyway....Mardi Gras was fun as usual
lots of great entertainment and laughs

Weather has been so cold...was a delight to wake up to a GORGEOUS pool day
We went to the pool at Orange Blossom Country Club...and wow it was crowded! Lots of folks have company Im sure
Thats pool is by far the prettiest....and from what I hear prices at the TikiBar there for Beer etc are the best

Tomorrow we are heading to Austin Carriage Museum with The Villages PT Cruiser club...should be fun!

I sure wish this forum was more active too.........its a great tool!
Old 02-24-2007, 04:41 PM

I also look at a couple other Forums in the area, The Reporter and the POA. They are not getting a lot of play either. I think it's going to take word-of-mouth and short introduction talks at the various club meetings.

If Jan hadn't given a short intro at a Village Nomads meeting I would not have known of the Talk of the Villages.

I think it's great but we must get the word out.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to LovinItAtTheVillages Send a message via Yahoo to LovinItAtTheVillages

Hey Sparky...you have same car we do..PT Cruiser Dream Cruiser Series 4 ..its an 05..in moulten lava red...Love it..and yes lots of turbo power..we have top down all we can..
The PT Cruiser Club..meets once a month...someytimes they go on outings..I have only attended a Meet n Greet and then the trip to Austin carriage Museum...was fun and free...
if you want the email of the woman in charge let me know
lanatesta@aol.com
Old 02-24-2007, 09:57 PM

Lovinit, Hope we don't park in the same lot. I may try to drive away in the wrong car. Yes they call it Lava Red but depending on the sun it could be dark brown, Burgandy, etc.

I will send you an e mail.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.