Anyone trying to sell a house in Atlanta?

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Veteran member
Default Anyone trying to sell a house in Atlanta?

Anyone trying to sell in Atlanta? I'm curious about the experiences of others in their attempts to sell.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Default Re: Anyone trying to sell a house in Atlanta?

I would be curious also as we live in the Atlanta area and are planning to put our home up for sale the first of the year...
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Banned

Good Luck. We live in Senoia, south of Atlanta. If I could get a fair price for our home, I would sell and buy in The Villages today. The market here is bad also. What you and I need is someone in The Villages that wants a house in Atlanta area that has one in The Villages that we want. Fat chance on that dream.

Lou ???
Old 10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Veteran member

Lou, Is your house on the market? We're in N. Forsyth County and ours has been on the market for some time now.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:15 AM
Banned

Not on the market yet. We put in a 42 foot pool and hot tub with the build of the new home and are not ready to loose all that cost. When the market stabilizes a little, and the loss is down to say 50,000 or so it will be easyer to take plus we will have enjoyed the back yard a little more.

:
Old 10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

My suggestion is to look at the post from someone here in the Villages who needs to return to Michigan. I thought that was creative. You might work up something that is more definative and post it...who knows. There have been two people in our area originally from Atlanta who needed to return for personal reasons. Both were successful in selling here. But, lousy markets breed creativity....sooooooo, go for it.
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 10-27-2007, 02:54 PM

We put our Woodstock, John Weiland home on the market last Oct 13. On Oct 14th we had a verbal offer and a written offer 4 days later. We sold it for $1500.00 under our asking price and closed on November 20. How did this happen so quickly? Some of it we contribute to just having the fortune to have a buyer wanting a home in our area. Although the buyers looked at others in our neighborhood (9 for sale) for over 8 months, they selected ours based on the following in their opinion:

1. Kitchen (we upgraded our lighting, door knobs, and totally decluttered the space)
2. Layout of the floorplan
3. Ability to finish the full walk-out basement

We were just in the right place at the right time, but we did apply all of the "tricks of the trade" when it came to staging the home. It looked like a model home when it went onto the market.
Hope that helps.

Zug, Switzerland
Usingen, Germany
Woodstock, GA
Old 10-27-2007, 10:40 PM

We sold our house in Atlanta (Cumming area) via an incredible Realtor named John Jacobus - Prudential 404.266.8100. His marketing of our home was exceptional - all within 2 months after ReMax had it for 5 months.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.