Anyone Use Centric Fiber Internet?

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2023, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Where "north of 466A" are you that has fiber service and what is your ZIP code?
Buttonwood, 32162.
Old 02-06-2023, 07:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Coax cable to the house, the last 100 feet or perhaps last mile, running DOCSIS can provide high bandwidths - you can get a gigabit per second, or better. The trunks are probably fiber. However, I think one of the big advantages of fiber to the house is that you get a dynamic IP address at the wall plate via an RJ-45 ethernet jack - you don't need a "modem" inside the house (the "modem" capabilities, which includes signal conversion from fiber to copper based ethernet, are typically handled by the ONT box on the outside of your house). You can plug any computer, VoIP device, or router into the RJ-45 jack. You don't need to be concerned about a list of compatible "modems".

Regarding new providers, who owns the cables in the ground? Best hopes for additional competition will probably come from cell providers who are just now beginning to offer 5G based internet service to the home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
As I understand it Fiber optic would be faster, however people CLAIMING they have fiber optic I would check if it is fiber optic all the way. A few feet of fiber optic would be like a six inch hose going into a garden hose. The water cannot, does not flow any faster than a garden hose.

As far as spectrum and xfinity should a QUALITY company enter OUR market they will both be OUT. They are both expensive and repairs STINK.

Last edited by tuccillo; 02-06-2023 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Default Centric is great

Just moved here a month ago. Centric called me about service and offered 2 months free with no contract. Why wouldn’t I try it? Had a small issue when I moved in but they sent a tech out the same day free of charge. Also helped me program my tv’s. So far I love it and recommend it. Far better than the providers I’ve had in the past.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:21 AM
Default Fiber all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
As I understand it Fiber optic would be faster, however people CLAIMING they have fiber optic I would check if it is fiber optic all the way. A few feet of fiber optic would be like a six inch hose going into a garden hose. The water cannot, does not flow any faster than a garden hose.

As far as spectrum and xfinity should a QUALITY company enter OUR market they will both be OUT. They are both expensive and repairs STINK.
Centric is fiber all the way to the router and modem above the fridge. Super fast....loving it. Also, VP of operations for Centric was driving down the street and stopped to ask if everything was working good and if I was happy with their service? Gave me is personal card. This company is great with customer service so far.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:40 AM
Location: On a Lake in Northern Michigan, new homeowner in Newell
Default Centric

Just signed up for Centric and service will start on April 26. We are in a new build home in Newell. We just need wi-fi so interested to see how Centric works with all of our devices plus streaming.
Old 04-25-2023, 09:06 AM

We also recently bought a home in Newell and signed up for Centric Fiber. Two months free and its month to month. We just used the Internet service. Made a call and they emailed us a password and everything worked fine. The house was already to go, they didn't even have to come.

RCJ
Closed Thread

Tags
centric, internet, discussed, fiber, signing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.