Apartments or condos in the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Default Apartments or condos in the Villages?

Just curious as I have never seen any advertised anywhere within the Villages....but there are so many options of housing available to live within the Villages, but are there apartments and condos within the Villages at all? I am surprised if there are none by the lack of the developer to consider these area of living accommodations. I currently live in a condo where I currently live and love condo living = no concerns about fixing siding, roofing, cutting grass, etc. If anyone knows of apartments or condos in the Villages, I certainly would appreciate some feedback.
Thanks and have a great day.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Sage

There are a couple of townhouse condo units near Spanish Springs. Once in a great while you will see one for sale in the 450K plus range. No others have been built, nor does it appear that they will be in the future. There are no apartments except assisted living facilities. Very pricey.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrieb View Post
Just curious as I have never seen any advertised anywhere within the Villages....but there are so many options of housing available to live within the Villages, but are there apartments and condos within the Villages at all? I am surprised if there are none by the lack of the developer to consider these area of living accommodations. I currently live in a condo where I currently live and love condo living = no concerns about fixing siding, roofing, cutting grass, etc. If anyone knows of apartments or condos in the Villages, I certainly would appreciate some feedback.
Thanks and have a great day.

No. There aren't any apartments or condos in TV. There are these kinds of homes; patio villas, courtyard villas, ranches, designer homes and premiers.

Most homes are between 1300 sq. ft to around 2000 sq. ft. Yard maintenance is easily available and affordable.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I think there are some townhomes new the Glenview Country Club - hope someone from there can help with add'l info.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
I think there are some townhomes new the Glenview Country Club - hope someone from there can help with add'l info.

You guys are right. They have one bedroom upstairs. Are they maintained?
Old 12-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Did a search here and found the 'Villas of Spanish Springs' and 'Sudbury'...the latter being by Glenview C.C and described as carriage houses.

Other threads do indicate that exterior maintenance is provided thru condo fees.

OP might want to do a search here for those phrases?

Old 12-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We stayed in the townhouses at Spanish Springs for our Lifestyle Preview. When the townhouses went up for sale, we were told that all maintainence was included. The Villages maintained the landscaping, took care of power washing, exterior lights, etc. This is probably the closest thing to condo living.
This was several years ago but I believe it's still the same for all townhouses in The Villages.
Hopefully someone that lives in a townhouse can confirm.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayschic View Post
We stayed in the townhouses at Spanish Springs for our Lifestyle Preview. When the townhouses went up for sale, we were told that all maintainence was included. The Villages maintained the landscaping, took care of power washing, exterior lights, etc. This is probably the closest thing to condo living.
This was several years ago but I believe it's still the same for all townhouses in The Villages.
Hopefully someone that lives in a townhouse can confirm.
This is true. you do however have an additional HOA fee on top of the $145 fee. There are currently 2 for sale in Spanish Springs....don't believe they are as high priced as was mentioned by another poster.....I think around $389,000.
Might be more for sale. I only know of the ones for sale through TV.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:11 PM
Default Condos in Spanish Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
This is true. you do however have an additional HOA fee on top of the $145 fee. There are currently 2 for sale in Spanish Springs....don't believe they are as high priced as was mentioned by another poster.....I think around $389,000.
Might be more for sale. I only know of the ones for sale through TV.
We live in a Villa Of Spanish Springs Condo. There is one for sale for under $300,00. I believe It is the smallest one with both bedrooms upstairs, $279.000 is asking price I think.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,307 Times in 541 Posts

I'm not surprised that there are no apartments in TV but I am surprised that more Condos haven't been constructed. A condo makes sense for Retirees.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:47 PM
Sage

When a property is submitted to the condominium statute in Florida, the developer loses all control of operation/maintenance of the property. There is no flexibility in the statute. I was an association manager for a while, and the regulation is amazing.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.