Apartments or town homes could be part of massive Villages of Southern Oaks developme

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Incorrect, There will be 133 rooftops in the*Soulliere Villas. Coupled with the Phillips Villas, there will be nearly*300 new courtyard villas in CDD 4. They put a new pool in Phillips area and will do the same in Soulliere area. Villages also bought the old church next to Chatham where they will put new rec center, resort style pool, and putting course.
This church is not the beautiful yellow one on 42 as mentioned in another post but the little one at the end of Clearview off Beuna Vista. The big one would have been wonderful. Apparently horse farms and villas are going to be built. Many got excited when they though a much-needed up-to-date center was going to be in the fairly new yellow church as Mulberry is looking dowdy lately.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:15 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
It appears that Villages development execs might not agree that commercial development is a goldmine, as they would increase not decrease their plans. Perhaps Brownwood gave them a clue.
I am sure this very talented and wildly successful family Over The last 50 years will consult the Talk of the Villages before they dig another hole. Brownwood will be fine and is being built in anticipation of the future population growth in the area.

As far as the apartments are concerned, a wild But educated guess may be that they are being built to house all the workers in the stores and those who build our homes and keep the 35 Square miles in The Villages in pristine condition.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLAKEPANDA View Post
If apartments and condos come to the Villages then it's time to find another place to live. Crime is already on the rise.
Do you think that all the folks who work in the stores where you shop, serve your food in the restaurants, read your gas meter, manicure the courses where you play Golf can afford to purchase a home? Don’t they deserve a nice apartment or should they live in a broken down trailer? Second guessing the Morse’s has long been a mistake.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:31 PM

Note the max 26k homes is for 8k acres vs 11k homes on 4k acres. Home density increase from 2.43/acre to 3.3/ acre which is 35.5%. A significant increase, but much less than 200%.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Forget the argument of who has been here longer than another or any of the other negative comments/opinions for just one minute.

I wonder why when we came here in 2003 when 466 (not 466A) was just made into a 4 lane road. When Buena Vista south of 466 was just opening to Bonnyville...that would be one traffic circle in.....no Lake Sumter Landing....no Arbold Palmer facilities.....no shopping anywhere near Rolling Acres....no Sam's Club.....or any shopping in or around or nearby.......

I wonder why back then with a population nearing 30-35,000 there was no negative talk about how big, how fast, how irresponsible, how wealthy the developers were?

As a matter of fact there wasn't really much of that kind of negative chatter while TV continued all the way down to 466A more than doubling the size of TV.

I am happy to say TV is still the community of choice. Because TV has achieved critical mass in size most national chains during the last 15 years have decided to open here for business.

It is all about perspective is it not. So in 15 years the population has tripled. The lifestyle has really gotten better with the advent of the surrounding local and national retail
keeping pace with the growth.

Yes traffic is heavier. Timing is everything. When people complain are they complaining about a general condition or a personal preference? For example...t times.....so bust cannot get a t time? Really? Or I could not get the time or the courses I prefer? Going on 15 years and have NEVER not been able to get A t time, regardless the season.

It is all relative and all perspective.

Find a better place than TV? Maybe.

All the minority reports about TV are duly noted. The majority of us continue to live the life style we bought into 15 years ago.
Excellent analysis. The “ I am up pull the ladder up” mentality is distressing but also a minority. There is no place like this place anywhere near or far from this place. .
Old 11-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
I am sure this very talented and wildly successful family Over The last 50 years will consult the Talk of the Villages before they dig another hole. Brownwood will be fine and is being built in anticipation of the future population growth in the area.

As far as the apartments are concerned, a wild But educated guess may be that they are being built to house all the workers in the stores and those who build our homes and keep the 35 Square miles in The Villages in pristine condition.

My guess section 8. After all they want life some where over the rainbow also. We could volunteer raise amenities to help them out. Or better yet give them free card NOT them apartments will probably be well over 250k with bond of 50k.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Sage

Who said the company town is dead ? All we need now is Morse script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2017, 09:51 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Do you think that all the folks who work in the stores where you shop, serve your food in the restaurants, read your gas meter, manicure the courses where you play Golf can afford to purchase a home? Don’t they deserve a nice apartment or should they live in a broken down trailer? Second guessing the Morse’s has long been a mistake.
If and that’s a big if the intention is to provide housing for groups other than retirees, I wonder how amenities will be shared ?
Old 11-08-2017, 09:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
If and that’s a big if the intention is to provide housing for groups other than retirees, I wonder how amenities will be shared ?

I predict it will be a buy in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Platinum member

I’ll admit that I have not seen the article in the “other” news source, but I have read all of the comments in this thread, so I am at least half informed... In looking at the land maps of the new southern areas there seems to be an area along 301 that is not connected to anything. I don’t know if this is the area being discussed for apartments, but I alway thought this would be a perfect place to have another family neighborhood similar to Oxford Oaks. As The Villages grows there must be adequate housing for all of those who work within The Villages.

As for those like to complain about growth, I drove by Saddlebrook at 9:30 this morning. There wasn’t but 3 or 4 carts in the parking lot and the course was empty. I think we will be ok.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:09 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
I’ll admit that I have not seen the article in the “other” news source, but I have read all of the comments in this thread, so I am at least half informed... In looking at the land maps of the new southern areas there seems to be an area along 301 that is not connected to anything. I don’t know if this is the area being discussed for apartments, but I alway thought this would be a perfect place to have another family neighborhood similar to Oxford Oaks. As The Villages grows there must be adequate housing for all of those who work within The Villages.

As for those like to complain about growth, I drove by Saddlebrook at 9:30 this morning. There wasn’t but 3 or 4 carts in the parking lot and the course was empty. I think we will be ok.
However, Pickleball courts are becoming quite crowed with more snowbirds yet to come. And my wife is having a difficult time reserving space in a below 466a rec center for her card playing group. I guess it all depends on what you see and or what you are trying to do.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:37 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

Many posts in this Thread are strictly speculation. But I understand speculation can even be "fun" at times. The Developer excloses only certain information and keeps many of his playing cards close to his chest. With many outside investors wanting to cash in on future development by The Villages, it behoves The Villages Developer to release information subsequent to final purchase contracts and Government approval of plans.

Sit back and watch the show as it's going to be amazing. Fore!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:41 AM

So many assumptions and speculations this is making my head spin. At least most of the posts here aren’t as crazy as the comments on the article. Seems like most of the people there think this new development is open for all ages when in fact it will follow the same rules TV has always followed.

Why is everyone assuming these apartments and townhomes are Section 8/Low income and not just an opportunity for them to test the waters on offering residents a maintenance-free living situation. I’m sure many would jump at that chance after retiring.

And could somone please provide some examples of when they’ve expanded the community and more golf courses and retail haven’t followed, including Championship courses. Are Bonifay and Evans Prairie just mirages?

TV has been wildly successful and carefully planned. Why does everyone think this will be any different?

Boggles my mind.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:46 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
And could somone please provide some examples of when they’ve expanded the community and more golf courses and retail haven’t followed, including Championship courses. Are Bonifay and Evans Prairie just mirages?
Actually, TV breaks that model in that the golf courses and amenities go in FIRST, then they build the houses. Most other developments people buy the lot as the realtor/developer tells them "this will be the 4th green right behind your house..", how many of these have turned into failed dreams?
Here you know exactly what you're getting as these features are done before you buy.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Simply Stated

Unlike the song written by Joe South and recorded by Lynn Anderson the Developer did

PROMISE YOU A ROSE GARDEN
Closed Thread

Tags
percent, homes, square, feet, acres

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.