Apologies - 1st Weekend

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2019, 07:14 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe View Post
Thanks everyone! I am still going to keep drinking the zkoolaid.

Welcome to TV.

After you put up a white cross in Ur front yard, your dog poops in the neighbor's yard and you park on the white lines at Winn Dixie..................then you will be a Villager.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe View Post
My apologies to everyone who was driving between Lake Sumter and Brownwood this weekend. I arrived in TV on Friday afternoon. Please tell me I’ll be able to figure out where I am and how to get through the roundabouts without hurting someone! I made turns without a signal, went straight with a signal, and still can’t get to Publix without having to do a U Turn! Be patient with newbies - they are like 4 year olds getting used to preschool. But, loving my rental in Amelia and ready to buy once my pending sale gets final!
We drank the Kool-Aid in 2008 and we are so happy! We found everyone to be helpful and nice. Welcome and enjoy
Old 06-04-2019, 09:56 AM
Sage

It's easier to manage roundabouts if you plan your route in advance so that you KNOW at which roundabout you need to enter the circle in the left lane. Those of us who have lived here for a time automatically know this but newcomers are often unaware until they are in the rotary and it dawns on them they need to turn left.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Audio Video View Post
use your right turn signal when exiting a roundabout.
Nah......don't bother with that one.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Welcome to TV.

After you put up a white cross in Ur front yard, your dog poops in the neighbor's yard and you park on the white lines at Winn Dixie..................then you will be a Villager.
No cross in my yard, don't have a dog, always color in between the lines.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
You can turn right from left lane, legally, but say your prayers first.
Only if you’re going to second or third exit and should stay in left lane exiting. If you are turning right after the second exit you don’t cross in the right lane till after the second exit and if you do better be watching for the car coming all way around the round about to third exit or the car that don’t yield to traffic in the roundabout.

There is no straight road in roundabout you are going to turn right at some point and when you do use you’re blinker light so others entering the roundabout know which way you’re going.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Welcome to TV.

Or when you become know it all AH like me
Old 06-06-2019, 08:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
It's easier to manage roundabouts if you plan your route in advance so that you KNOW at which roundabout you need to enter the circle in the left lane. Those of us who have lived here for a time automatically know this but newcomers are often unaware until they are in the rotary and it dawns on them they need to turn left.
Just remember entering roundabout you only have to yield. And at stop signs you actually have to stop or should I say should stop

Last edited by Topspinmo; 06-06-2019 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:54 PM

We are new too and welcome... we are a retirement community and majority of us are newbies as the baby boomers are coming and fast! Just take your time and be safe. Read up about roundabouts. We avoid them during busy times but our location allows this. No worries... be happy and enjoy being a villager. It’s up to US to keep it Americans friendliest ! 👍🌴🚗🙏
Old 06-11-2019, 03:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

Phewwww! After reading directions on roundabouts, it's clear as mud, yipsters, and I've lived here for awhile. I would only add, pray a lot. Btw, welcome to the villages. You will be a wonderful addition.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:44 AM

Going into every circle there's a sign that tells you which lanes to use. Most circles use the right lane for right turns and going straight the left lane for going straight and left turns. Some however only allow a left turn from the left lane and straight and right from the right lane. Take a look at Camino Real And Morris Boulevard.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Just remember entering roundabout you only have to yield.
That is not true.

If there is another near you in the roundabout IN EITHER LANE, you have to stop until that car is past you.
Closed Thread

Tags
apologies, weekend, signal, turn, newbies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.