Courtyard Villa Question

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2007, 01:55 PM
Default Courtyard Villa Question

Hi,

We are considering a courtyard villa when we finally move to TV.
Would CV owners please share the advantages of owning a CV.

Thanks for the input.

Liz
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Default Re: Courtyard Villa Question

Privacy in backyards. Fenced area for pets.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Platinum member

We have a Savannah and love our Courtyard Villa. The privacy is wonderful. No need to pull curtains/shades at night. Small amount or no grass to cut. The new Savannah's come with gutters all the way around the house, Ceiling Fans, and window treatments (mini and Vertical blinds) We have been here since Feb and couldn't be more pleased with our home.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-28-2007, 07:55 PM

I am looking to buy a CYV so that I can let the dog out
and not worry about walking him. Also like the privacy.
I visited the Villages and originally wante a house but now
think the CYV is better for my lifestyle.

Lori
Old 11-28-2007, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista
We have a Savannah and love our Courtyard Villa. The privacy is wonderful. No need to pull curtains/shades at night. Small amount or no grass to cut. The new Savannah's come with gutters all the way around the house, Ceiling Fans, and window treatments (mini and Vertical blinds) We have been here since Feb and couldn't be more pleased with our home.
Same here bought a Savannah Stoneybrooke model with the 3rd bedroom a den. This unit is 1600 sq ft and very maintenance free. It has no grass at all but uses pine or bark needles as mulch beds. It's in Hillcrest Villas part of Hadley Village right up against Havana Golf Course.

We really were pushing for a designer but just couldn't ignore this unit since we only plan on living 4 months a year. We still love our Jersey Shore beach front home and probably will never sell.

Just as Avista posted the privacy walls and lack of windows on one side of Villa making it very private. Unusual for homes being so close together but the builder and TV, have made it so that it feels wide open. Hard to believe? Check it out.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:03 PM

Hi,

Does anyone miss the two car garage?

Liz
Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Platinum member

We would if we had 2 cars. When we moved to The Villages, we sold one of our cars and bought a golf cart. Now we have one car and one golf cart that fit fine into the 1 1/2 car garage courtyard villas have. The only time we use the car is to leave The Villages, or if the weather is REALLY awful. We take the cart everywhere--shopping--church--etc.
Tampa, FL
Old 11-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Veteran member

We recently bought an older CYV in Rio Grande because we fell in love with the courtyard. Beautiful plantings, low maintenance, very private, a spa ... and I could go on. Right now we will only be able to use it for 1 month a year (with a week here and there we are hoping) so we don't know how we will feel about lots of things. The laundry is in the garage for example -- right now doesn't bother me, but who knows. Actually the garage is beautiful with a painted floor and very neat and clean. Who knew it was even possible! My husband has been threatened with bodily harm if he brings in any junk -- and almost everything is junk to me.

Linda from Syracuse

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Sage

We totally love, love, love our CV. :bigthumbsup: Our two dogs also love it. ;D
Has a small fence in back as it has a bit of a view. We enjoy the privacy and the dogs have total freedom to wander in and out. Our laundry is in the garage, but so close and handy! It worried me at first, but it isn't a problem at all.

We almost bought a Ranch (and they are very nice also) but I wanted a fenced lot. In my books, CVs are tops. lovehorse
Old 11-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalarry
We still love our Jersey Shore beach front home and probably will never sell.
Where on the Jersey Shore, Bubba? I grew up in Brick and visit my sister often in Ocean Grove. Miss the ocean here in Syracuse.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 11-29-2007, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda
Where on the Jersey Shore, Bubba? I grew up in Brick and visit my sister often in Ocean Grove. Miss the ocean here in Syracuse.
Ocean City is the place.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

ewstanley,

We will be purchsing a CYV both for privacy and a safe place for our dogs. While we were in TV riding around with the Sales Rep in March we asked about 2 car garages. The Sales Rep said yes there are a small number of CYV's with 2 car garages, if I remember correctly they are on corner lots which tend to be larger lots. I forgot to ask if there were any CYV's with 2 car + Golf Cart garage though which I'd love to have!
Old 11-29-2007, 10:36 AM

Thanks everyone!

We have a small terrier mix (Jack Russell & Westie) and think that we absolutely need a private back yard. I think that the Courtyard Villa is just what we need!

wav

Liz
Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Gee, Liz, could you have picked two more stubborn terrier breeds to put together?

I'm trying to imagine a Westie jumping into the air -- guess wouldn't be a problem if you had a treat in your hand.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.