Aqualift self cleaning oven

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2017, 04:13 PM
Default Aqualift self cleaning oven

What a joke. These Whirlpool ovens that they are still placing in new homes and selling as self cleaning are far from self cleaning. Just spoke to the builder who claims no one has ever complained. Is it just me or is everyone else okay with mopping out water from the base of their oven and scrubbing with a pad? Does someone have a secret trick to share on how to get these ovens clean? I happen to enjoy cooking but do not enjoy scrubbing my oven. I have seen complaints back in 2015 but nothing recent regarding these ovens.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmullen25 View Post
What a joke. These Whirlpool ovens that they are still placing in new homes and selling as self cleaning are far from self cleaning. Just spoke to the builder who claims no one has ever complained. Is it just me or is everyone else okay with mopping out water from the base of their oven and scrubbing with a pad? Does someone have a secret trick to share on how to get these ovens clean? I happen to enjoy cooking but do not enjoy scrubbing my oven. I have seen complaints back in 2015 but nothing recent regarding these ovens.

No I complained about it years ago but if you do a google search on self cleaning ovens this is the new technology. I think when I was searching I only found one that cleaned the old way. It's better for the environment so I believe that's why they replaced it. Good Luck. It is basically useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmullen25 View Post
Unfortunately, according to the manufacturer, scrubbing will remove the "special" coating which allows this space age technology from working properly. You have now voided your warranty, according to the manufacturer. Don't blame the builder, you can blame the appliance industry.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:58 PM
Sage

I have never had a self cleaning oven that didn't fill the house with smoke. For this reason I use Easy Off oven cleaner. Spray it on and wipe it off. Then you have to wipe out the entire oven with a wet rag to wipe off the residue or when you bake it will smell like chemical.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I have never had a self cleaning oven that didn't fill the house with smoke. For this reason I use Easy Off oven cleaner. Spray it on and wipe it off. Then you have to wipe out the entire oven with a wet rag to wipe off the residue or when you bake it will smell like chemical.

Easy Off will also void the manufacturers warranty on this special new technology.
This is what happens when engineers are not allowed to do what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2017, 05:40 PM

I think I read that there is a suit brewing on this in Labelle unless it was dropped.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Easy Off will also void the manufacturers warranty on this special new technology.
This is what happens when engineers are not allowed to do what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes probably true. I am lucky I don't have one of these but mine is just as bad. House fills with smoke. To me it is just scary having the oven that hot.
Closed Thread

Tags
ovens, cleaning, oven, enjoy, scrubbing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.