466A/Morse Intersection - Traffic Signal Problems

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Default 466A/Morse Intersection - Traffic Signal Problems

Drove past there at about 1:30PM today. There were several police cars and Village Watch vehicles blocking part of the roadway. Lights flashing everywhere. Does anyone know what happened?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 PM

The lights at the intersection have been malfunctioning off and on for a couple of days. They had them fixed for awhile today but when we came past there about 30 minutes ago, they were out again.

Last edited by FromAus; 03-22-2013 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Spelling (or lack there of)
Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 PM

Yes, they were out when I got there with red blinking light and I was thinking this is NOT good. No cops or anything. It was about 4 pm for me. A great place for an accident with so many lanes going in every direction. When I came back from Leesburg about 5:30 they had police/watch directing traffic.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Dancing Thyme

There is something seriously wrong with that traffic light. So many accidents at that intersection. Tonight I experienced something myself, scared the heck out of me.

I was heading north across 466A at 9pm and had a green light so I proceeded to cross the intersection. A car heading south was making a left turn onto 466A and honked at me because he didn't realize I had a green light. Is it possible that there's a green arrow for him so he's assuming he has the right of way??? I have been saying this for months, that intersection needs some engineering study to determine was is going wrong with the traffic light coordination. Thankfully, it was late with not too many cars around so we passed each other with a lot of space but I was so curious as to why he honked me.?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM

We too noticed most of the day that the lights were malfunctioning. We laughed and just put it off typical for what we see in this state. Roads, lights, etc, take forever to get repaired or fixed right, or too long to rebuild. Look at 441 in Fruitland Park. That road has been in construction for well over one year. We have seen miles of interstate and roads built in a fraction of the time. Reminds us of the landscapers and others here. Lol get something started to put your mark on it, than take your time.....they never seem to get things done with too many irons in the fire.
Also, too funny. Watch how many police, CW there are for this. We counted once 3 police and 4 CW at the light. Sure it is a major intersection, but REALLY?. When there is an accident, count the fire trucks, CW, police, ambulances, at a scene. Talk about a traffic issue! Seems like they have more monies or personnel than needed. We also watched an older lady at a light get pulled over with 3 sheriffs. Maybe she was a drug kingpin. Lol maybe we can call them the Keystone Cops and their sidekicks. Start a thread on how many we see at an incident!

Last edited by Roaddog53; 03-23-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
Seems like they have more monies or personnel than needed. We also watched an older lady at a light get pulled over with 3 sheriffs. Maybe she was a drug kingpin. Lol maybe we can call them the Keystone Cops and their sidekicks. Start a thread on how many we see at an incident!
Or, maybe, you could show a little more respect for the people keeping you from harm....just saying.
Suffering from TV envy
Old 03-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakerNC View Post
Or, maybe, you could show a little more respect for the people keeping you from harm....just saying.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.