Areas of dead grass

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2017, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
Geezzz-O-Pete, Don't put our yard debris on the Driveway......

I Put ALL of My 46 Bags on the Curb & on the Road (3 Deep). They will pick-um Up.........
I have no doubt the yard debris will be picked up. That is not my concern. My concern is if there will be damage to the pavement or grass which us underneath the debris caused by the machinery. I'm aware the FEMA crews will not pick up any debris by hand. It all has to be done by machine.

Did the claw machine scrape up the curb and street when your 46 bags were picked up?
Old 10-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
This was in an earlier thread that you were part of.... you must have forgotten!

RErmer

I watched the crew cleaner our street with great fascination. The operator was a precision artist with the claw. I couldn't hear any clanking of the claw on anything. And, one of the crew was actually picking up yard waste bags and grouping them together for the claw. No muss, no fuss, no leftover debris. Pretty amazing! Note- I lived in South Flordia for many years and any number of hurricanes, and have never seen cleanup so quickly or smoothly.
And.....I said in response to this comment that it would probably be just my luck that I didn't get this precision operator of the claw equipment to pick up the debris on my property. I was told the the sky was falling on my house. LOL.

I just now read (maybe this thread or may a different one) that the claw scraped up one of the rec center parking lots when they picked up debris. The poster said there were scrape marks all over the place (or similar to that).

I'm going to avoid that situation. Tomorrow morning, I'm moving all my debris bags to the side of my house. I will wait until FEMA has come through then I will place the bags on my driveway for our regular crews to pick it up. Considering, out of the 12 bags I have now, only one bag is actual storm debris. The rest are just normal cleaning of the yard debris that I have done.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Here is the updated timeline as posted on Village Community Development Districts web site.
Hey, they will even send you an email every time the timeline is updated.....how neat is that?
Thank you for this update.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

A large dump truck towing a wood chipper would make these piles disappear quickly.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 10-05-2017, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I have no doubt the yard debris will be picked up. That is not my concern. My concern is if there will be damage to the pavement or grass which us underneath the debris caused by the machinery. I'm aware the FEMA crews will not pick up any debris by hand. It all has to be done by machine.

Did the claw machine scrape up the curb and street when your 46 bags were picked up?
I have 3 Large Live Oaks in my yard, & they all have to be over 150 years old. I had a Big pile of branches that I pulled out to the road (curb) for the Claw too pick-up. The operator of the Claw was a Pro in my book. He didn't leave one mark on the road or the curb. Slick as a Baby's Butt.....
Old 10-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

What will you do if the side of your yard dies, coffeebean? Why don't you sign up for the emails that the district sends out every day or two with updates. Then you'll be up to date on the timing in your area and fear less. If your twelve bags are Irma debris, they should go to FEMA and not TV's crew. I haven't heard anyone complaining about scrapes on their private driveway or grass. As far as Zoysia dying, it browns out every winter and comes back.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw14 View Post
I have 3 Large Live Oaks in my yard, & they all have to be over 150 years old. I had a Big pile of branches that I pulled out to the road (curb) for the Claw too pick-up. The operator of the Claw was a Pro in my book. He didn't leave one mark on the road or the curb. Slick as a Baby's Butt.....
That is so encouraging to hear. Glad you had a great experience.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
...Why don't you sign up for the emails that the district sends out every day or two with updates. Then you'll be up to date on the timing in your area and fear less...
Good advice, CFrance. But not every district gets much specific info. The middle districts....about 5-8 or so...have had very little to comfort them.
Old 10-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
What will you do if the side of your yard dies, coffeebean? Why don't you sign up for the emails that the district sends out every day or two with updates. Then you'll be up to date on the timing in your area and fear less. If your twelve bags are Irma debris, they should go to FEMA and not TV's crew. I haven't heard anyone complaining about scrapes on their private driveway or grass. As far as Zoysia dying, it browns out every winter and comes back.
11 of my 12 bags are not storm debris. After the storm, I had one palm frond down, a couple of palm "boots" and basically that was it. The rest of my yard debris is from normal cleaning up of my property. I placed the 12 bags on the river rock path that winds around my raised lanai so they would not be damaging my lawn.

Tags
dead, grass, areas, debris, yard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.