Arrived and departed

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2014, 06:11 PM
Default Arrived and departed

Well we made it from Chicago to TV last week in the UHaul to our new home in Lake Deaton. We had not seen our home prior to purchase, other than FaceTime with our fabulous realtor, Tony Trussler. We love the house! We were only able to stay 4 days and oh what a busy 4 days they were. We managed to golf and meet some old friends and new friends. We had good meals at Bonifay, Evans Prairie, Dockside Dave's and Bonefish Grill. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful. The only negative thing I can post is we had to come back home until Christmas. Our retirement date is 1year, 27 days and 22 hours but who's counting.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:20 PM
Veteran member

Wow 4 full days! Congratulations. I hope time flies for you, then stops when you make your final move to your forever home.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:23 PM

Oh my...!!! Your story is SO SIMILAR to ours!! We went down to TV last Friday to our brand new house that we also bought sight unseen. We love it!!! We had ordered furniture which came in on the day we arrived. We were extremely busy for 4 days, had old friends visit, had dinner in TV...we love it but are sad we had to come back home... Work and kids...those things still get in the way...haha! We are coming down again at the end of the month. Not sure when we will retire. One of our kids just graduated and came back home. Our youngest still has 2years left at PennState. Our son is married and out of state. We will not abandon them....just wait until they get settled and then move for good. But I plan MANY little trips to TV...
Old 07-10-2014, 08:04 PM

Well our move is coming up quickly and the best news is we get to stay there. I am not looking forward to the long drive from Ca. but I am looking forward to seeing our house for the first time.

I am tired of packing and jumping though the hoops we have to jump though when selling a house in Ca. Today was dig a hole and pump the septic. It was hot and humid this morning and it also rained. The good news is it is pumped and the hole is refilled in before it started raining again. We only have one last hoop to jump and that is the last inspection with our buyers.

Our movers will be here the first of the week and we could close on the 18th and then we will be on our way of becoming frogs.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Well we made it from Chicago to TV last week in the UHaul to our new home in Lake Deaton. We had not seen our home prior to purchase, other than FaceTime with our fabulous realtor, Tony Trussler. We love the house! We were only able to stay 4 days and oh what a busy 4 days they were. We managed to golf and meet some old friends and new friends. We had good meals at Bonifay, Evans Prairie, Dockside Dave's and Bonefish Grill. Everyone we met was friendly and helpful. The only negative thing I can post is we had to come back home until Christmas. Our retirement date is 1year, 27 days and 22 hours but who's counting.
Time will go fast. You will be so busy planning the move, that it will be here much sooner, than you will expect.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Congratulations! It sounds like it was a fun time, if short.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivergirl View Post
Well our move is coming up quickly and the best news is we get to stay there. I am not looking forward to the long drive from Ca. but I am looking forward to seeing our house for the first time.

I am tired of packing and jumping though the hoops we have to jump though when selling a house in Ca. Today was dig a hole and pump the septic. It was hot and humid this morning and it also rained. The good news is it is pumped and the hole is refilled in before it started raining again. We only have one last hoop to jump and that is the last inspection with our buyers.

Our movers will be here the first of the week and we could close on the 18th and then we will be on our way of becoming frogs.
Good luck you guys,,, sorry I haven't called but been busy with my move. Hope all goes well and its easy for you from here on in. Believe me,,, the anticipation about the drive cross country is much worse than the actual drive. It actually was fun. Take care and talk to you soon. Kath

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 07-10-2014, 08:44 PM

We too will be In Lake Deaton...closing in late August, permanent move happens in February. I can hardly wait!!!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Medtrans, This TV wannabee from northwest suburban Cook County wishes you much good luck in your new home. And I hope the next 1 year and 27 days goes by in a flash!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Veteran member

Closing date Aug 4th. We are arriving Aug 2 to our Perm home.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:17 AM

Thanks everyone. I just wanted to post something positive about everything we experienced and everyone we met. We haves lived in many places and people often ask us which was our favorite. I tell them that it is hard to say because each place had it's great aspects and not great aspects. No one place is perfect, but I think we have found a place that will feel right to us and where we can experience retirement as we had always seen in our future. Now we are at 1 year and 26 days! See, 1 day at a time. Keep the light on for us and when something doesn't go perfectly, remember you're there livin' the dream.

Schaumburg....we're in Vernon Hills.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:24 AM

Kathy and Beth - Looking forward to meeting both of you when you're down here in your Lake Deaton home. Jo Ann - We'll look forward to seeing you and Steve again when you're back in December.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivergirl View Post

Hope all goes well with the house sale and you have a safe uneventful trip. Let me know when you arrive.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:19 AM

We are closing on July 23rd and can't wait either!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Sage

Congrats to all of you ... the best is yet to come!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.