Arrogant Sumter County Tax Appraiser

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2019, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There are some residents who have an abundance of money so the impact of a bad decision of the Government (like no planning for future and reserves, etc) or the Developer to maximize his profit at the expense of those on tight fixed incomes, or the loading of Government offices with personal friends or hacks, or "you name the abuse" are hurtful to some and those that don't care because it does not effect them are selfish and lack any feelings for others. I fully recognize the Developer is in a business and some want to give a business a soul and it does not have a soul but that does not sanction abusing those in need. When I see some giving deity to the Developer rather than holding him/her responsible for his/her actions it makes me want to withdraw from any association with these selfish people. There is a practice in pricing that if a particular product or service does not have a competitor then the only thing that should measure your price is GREED. We are all living in a community where in many cases there are no competitors and so "GREED is the word of the day. This comes in many forms. It is through the price, it is through reducing the qualities, it is avoiding responsibility for sale/practices, again you name the rest. I read some posts where the author is in support of the Developer regardless of his/her practices or actions.This is a disguise to abuses and is as much of a harm as the person who is the offender. Not holding the offenders responsible is like being an enabler to an addict.
GREED also applies to those that moved here expecting nothing to increase in cost. GREED also applies to those that have theirs and want expansion or growth to stop so nobody can get theirs. The Developer owes us nothing, in all the developments I have lived in over the years the developers finished building and moved on to other ventures and left us with our HOA"s to mange inside the development and the local City/County/State to manage the rest. Taxes went up every year since their costs went up every year. I said it before, if the County had raised taxes every year for the last 15 years and their reason was to build signifcant reserves there would have been an out cry on why? If you don't know what you buy into here than shame on you, if you didn't believe that costs would go up what are you smoking and if you didn't think revenue would need to be made then it's time to run for office and show us how it's done. Too easy to sit here and potificate about GREED when all of us are GREEDY

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
tax, sumter, appraiser, county, trim

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.