Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2021, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Garbarino View Post
Framemaker's Gallery 1327 S 14th Street, Leesburg, FL 352 787 9525 Debbie

Please tell her I referred you.

I had two oils framed and three items matted and framed during the pandemic.
They do excellent work.
Old 07-22-2021, 09:05 AM
Default Custom art framing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCRSO View Post
Seeking recommendations for custom art framing
The best place by far is Hobby Lobby. We just had a custom piece framed at the Ocala location. Their work is perfection and their prices unbeatable for the quality. And you enjoy can lunch or dinner at Yummy House Chinese restaurant for an extra treat!
Old 07-22-2021, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
If you are looking for some really nice high end work with a wow factor give Glen Haven Gallery a look....
We had them mount and frame a tapestry that belonged to my grandmother and create a shadow box arrangement of some hand made fine needle point that my wife's aunt made back in the 30's.

lot's of places will put whatever you have in a frame...then there are the shops that have a creative flair, those are the ones that make a difference...Glen Haven takes your concept and turns it into something really special

Visit their showroom and you'll see a number of items waiting to be picked up....great selection of frames

2545 South Street (Rt 44), Leesburg, 352.787.7954
Old 07-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Default DK Art Supply in Leesburg

Quote:
We've had work done by DK Art Supply and been thrilled with the quality of his work and his reasonable pricing.

DK Art Supply and Framing
Old 07-22-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedyg View Post
The best place by far is Hobby Lobby. We just had a custom piece framed at the Ocala location. Their work is perfection and their prices unbeatable for the quality. And you enjoy can lunch or dinner at Yummy House Chinese restaurant for an extra treat!
We have used them too. Always fun to browse around there too.

My husband used an old frame to frame this portrait I painted of our kitty.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Mikey's portrait.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	90207  
Old 07-22-2021, 11:56 AM
Default Framing shop at Spanish Springs

Kings Gallery, a framing shop/art gallery next to the candy store on Main Street in Spanish Springs does excellent custom work and has an extensive choice of materials.

Custom framing, itself, is an art, and the choice of a frame and mat can enhance or diminish the quality of a painting, print, or photograph. The lovely English lady who owns the shop has excellent taste and provides great recommendations and quality work.
Old 07-22-2021, 12:16 PM

I’ve used King’s Gallery for years! They do excellent work while providing VERY helpful advice. Check them out and SHOP LOCAL!
Old 07-22-2021, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Joanns or Michaels both north on 441
Old 07-22-2021, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgolfer View Post
Kings Gallery, a framing shop/art gallery next to the candy store on Main Street in Spanish Springs does excellent custom work and has an extensive choice of materials.

Custom framing, itself, is an art, and the choice of a frame and mat can enhance or diminish the quality of a painting, print, or photograph. The lovely English lady who owns the shop has excellent taste and provides great recommendations and quality work.
Completely agree. I have a nice landscape I painted on a piece of flat wood, nothing special though. Then I took it to a gallery (up north) to have it framed, they picked up a dominant color in the painting and made a recessed frame for it. Wow! The effect made my painting art worthy.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdburdick View Post
There is a huge booth at Marion Market that sells prints and does custom framing. They did a flawless job, at a very reasonable price, with my artwork. They were helpful and knowledgeable.
I also had work done by the folks at Marion Market. It was done several years ago and has held up well and still looks great. They were very reasonable.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Glen Haven Gallery
2545 South Street (Route 44)
Leesburg
(352) 787-7954
Home - glenhavengallery.com

They do spectacular, creative framing. See their website for details of not only framing but other offerings. They did two custom pieces for us that we continue to be really pleased with. Convenient to get to: Head east on Route 44 toward Leesburg, make the right turn where Route 44 turns right. The gallery is a short distance on the right. If you reach US Hwy 27-441, you've gone a little too far.
Old 07-23-2021, 07:06 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedyg View Post
I'm in complete agreement about Yummy House, one of the best Chinese restaurants in an area otherwise lacking in exceptional Chinese food.

On the other hand, I completely DISAGREE about Hobby Lobby. I would NEVER return to them for ANYTHING (not just framing)!
Closed Thread

Tags
art, framing, seeking, recommendations, custom

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.