Asking for comments on areas south of 44 for to-be-new Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2021, 03:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
Google it. Colony Blvd. empties onto Morse Blvd. with no lights. I could never understand why they would do that.
Yeah, I sure did get Canal and Colony confused. I often make simple mistakes like that.

I often drive along Morse where it intersects Colony, and I never thought a person would ever come out of Colony and try to go left on Morse. I agree, I can't understand why it was designed to even allow that.

Quote:
No need for being critical of Chitty Chatty as it is not unique to The Villages.
I disagree.

This thread is asking for comments about the areas south of 44 and I make the comment about the difficulty of turning left onto Morse Road from Chitty Chatty. I think my comment is very appropriate.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Yeah, I sure did get Canal and Colony confused. I often make simple mistakes like that.

I often drive along Morse where it intersects Colony, and I never thought a person would ever come out of Colony and try to go left on Morse. I agree, I can't understand why it was designed to even allow that.

I disagree.

This thread is asking for comments about the areas south of 44 and I make the comment about the difficulty of turning left onto Morse Road from Chitty Chatty. I think my comment is very appropriate.
I turn left onto Morse from Colony all the time year round. Never a big deal.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:30 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,327 Times in 1,442 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I turn left onto Morse from Colony all the time year round. Never a big deal.
As do everyone that lives in Chitty Chatty, not a big deal.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:33 PM
Sage

Quote:

I disagree.

Your comment is only one man's opinion, you make it sound like it's a life threatening situation. You were not even replying to the OP you were replying to the individual that bought in Chitty Chatty and enjoys her home and village, you comment was not OP appropriate.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:45 PM

Please buy up north......we southenders are growing weary of the northerners coming down and crowding out facilities!! Spanish Springs is a lovely place to own a home!
Old 04-28-2021, 03:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:

I disagree.

Because no where else in The Villages does anyone have to make a left turn????
Old 04-28-2021, 04:09 PM

heard the same bull from some out of TV agents. Live in Marsh Bend for over a year and have yet to hear anything from the prison or the quarry, but if will keep people away please keep spreading the fake news!!!
Old 04-28-2021, 04:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I think there is another area below Monarch Grove that is getting 27 holes. Maybe Goldwing Nut will chime in on it.
Another words, it is here say to you with no facts!
Old 04-28-2021, 05:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Although we will be buying somewhere near Lake Sumter Landing, between 466 & 466A, I like the idea that down below 44 is where the new Costco will be built (ducking - lol).
Old 04-28-2021, 05:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Another words, it is here say to you with no facts!
You didn't read #52 did you?????
Old 04-29-2021, 07:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Although we will be buying somewhere near Lake Sumter Landing, between 466 & 466A, I like the idea that down below 44 is where the new Costco will be built (ducking - lol).
Costco, a good reason to buy up north.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo7648 View Post
Other than Webster, Fl for their exciting flea market, you should drive north for many miles to shopping on 441/27. As for eating out you would have selection from the three trailers for exciting options as well as 1 Fenny Grill. Otherwise, again you will be driving to escape the turnpike noise, blasting, penitentiary noise to go to Brownwood.

Last edited by canyonblue; 04-29-2021 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:04 AM
Gold member

If a Costco comes to this area it will be built in Ocala. Perfect spot between Gainesville and The Villages. They want to be in areas with growing families.
Old 04-29-2021, 09:06 AM
Gold member

BJ's Wholesale just broke ground next to the Lowes on 441. Should be up and running near the end of this year.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
BJ's Wholesale just broke ground next to the Lowes on 441. Should be up and running near the end of this year.
I haven't ever seen or visited a BJ's Wholesale. I have belonged to Costco at one time. I am happy with Sam's Club.

I think, as I always do, that I am suspicious of the motivation of anonymous posters who diss the new areas. I always suspect they may be MLS realtors that are frustrated because they are NOT allowed to sell new homes in The Villages and want to scare people off from new areas.

I think it is fun to be new in a place where a lot of people are new. You can begin the fun together. But I understand a lot of people who already live here are also moving to the new areas.

It will take a while for businesses to catch up, but they will come quickly, I bet. People are swarming to live here and I would choose a new area if I were moving here.

Tags
areas, south, putted, comments, villagers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.