Asking for a friend šŸ˜‰

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2018, 06:21 PM
Default Asking for a friend šŸ˜‰

Has anyone here either purchased an older home or a lot that has been cleared and then rebuilt over in the historic side? Iā€™m not very familiar with that area, but I know someone who is interested in the potential costs to rebuild.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:22 AM
Veteran member

I doubt very much that you would get any kind of reliable information through The Villages itself or from any of their agents. I would even question that information because of their desire to make a profit.

However, I think your best bet would be to speak with a builder directly. At least then you could get a ball park figure. And -- if The Villages doesn't build the actual house, you could probably get a better built house from the builder.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsBurgers View Post
Has anyone here either purchased an older home or a lot that has been cleared and then rebuilt over in the historic side? Iā€™m not very familiar with that area, but I know someone who is interested in the potential costs to rebuild.

Thanks.
I am in the home stretch of making the decision myself. As of this moment, it seems buying a home site from The Villages is the best way to go. We have a friend who bought an older home on a lake in the Historic Section and paid a bundle to purchase, remove the house and construction is going to take a while. I want it done yesterday. You have to make decisions quickly because there are people waiting for empty lots. I live here already and am 99% positive I want to stay over here. Time will tell. I have exhausted and am exhausted from the other possibilities of Fenny or a previously owned home. To answer your question. Cost wise it is less expensive with TV'S.

It's the people on the Historic Side that make it beautiful. The majority are friendly and happy and good to be around. We will not take a shot at the other parts of TV'S, we just noticed it is different elsewhere. Very Nice but different.

Last edited by Nucky; 04-23-2018 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I am in the home stretch of making the decision myself. As of this moment, it seems buying a home site from The Villages is the best way to go. We have a friend who bought an older home on a lake in the Historic Section and paid a bundle to purchase, remove the house and construction is going to take a while. I want it done yesterday. You have to make decisions quickly because there are people waiting for empty lots. I live here already and am 99% positive I want to stay over here. Time will tell. I have exhausted and am exhausted from the other possibilities of Fenny or a previously owned home. To answer your question. Cost wise it is less expensive with TV'S.

It's the people on the Historic Side that make it beautiful. The majority are friendly and happy and good to be around. We will not take a shot at the other parts of TV'S, we just noticed it is different elsewhere. Very Nice but different.
I think that friendliness and happiness will always be a response to you and Priscilla. Choose anyplace, Nucky....as long as it's HERE.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

May take a while...Think it's a businesses plan over time to get millennial's out of the historic side .
Old 04-23-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:

So purchasing a home to knock down or an empty lot to build on in no way ties you to TVs builder at all? New owners are completely free to bring in anyone they choose?
Old 04-23-2018, 08:47 AM
Sage

I have seen those little orange signs on empty lots stating the town of lady lake wants to take over the taxation of the property.

Is this mandatory in order to build new or is it some "deal" the Villages made with the town ?

Is does add a huge layer of additional taxation.

I have heard different versions. Some say if the same owner of the land builds new they are grandfathered from the new taxation.

Nucky, I assume you know the real truth.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsBurgers View Post
So purchasing a home to knock down or an empty lot to build on in no way ties you to TVs builder at all? New owners are completely free to bring in anyone they choose?
If you purchase the lot from The Villages then you must build with them. The cost of the Interior lots, No Golf Or Water View is $10,000 and under.

Buy the Manufactured Home and have it taken away and you're free to use any builder you wish.

The big benefit of building here is you can customize, bump out, and no bond. You do have to deal with the big scary bridge coming and going to civilization. Just kidding on the last one.

I will ask about the new taxation that Mr. Allegiance mentioned. We can't find the correct lot. I'm not going to settle just to get this done. This without a doubt is THE LAST MOVE it will be the 22nd house for us. Tired of moving.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
If you purchase the lot from The Villages then you must build with them. The cost of the Interior lots, No Golf Or Water View is $10,000 and under.

Buy the Manufactured Home and have it taken away and you're free to use any builder you wish.

The big benefit of building here is you can customize, bump out, and no bond. You do have to deal with the big scary bridge coming and going to civilization. Just kidding on the last one.

I will ask about the new taxation that Mr. Allegiance mentioned. We can't find the correct lot. I'm not going to settle just to get this done. This without a doubt is THE LAST MOVE it will be the 22nd house for us. Tired of moving.
Wow! That's a lot of moving. Good for you for not settling.

Interesting to hear about all of this. There seems to be a lot of options in TV at the moment.
Closed Thread

Tags
area, iā€™m, familiar, costs, rebuild

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.